Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

39 minutes ago, belblazer said:

As someone who was vocally against their strategy of dumping everything onto Max when it was first announced, I will say that I’ve started to come around on it. I’m still iffy on them doing it for Matrix 4, but I guess we’ll have to see how things are by then.  

• Like 2

I guess this would be best place for this, on a side note I was pretty impressed with the Louis and Clark trailer today they released.

I’ve watched most of the CW stuff and while it’s not the best I find it fun but I’ll admit I’ve stopped watching some stuff over the last few years but i still watch a few of the shows.

So I’m fine with all of this, I’m glad they’re finally planning and not just going movie by movie and I really wanna see doom patrol guys interact with the movie characters lol 

Oh and Berlanti company is producing for Green Lantern for max and probably other shows as well so he has his hands in a lot( and yes I know many of you don’t like his work).

Edited by cax16

7 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

The problem with the max plan was never the Jan-May movies. It’s the Aug-Dec movies.

We’ll be still wearing masks into 2022. What WB is doing is treating their films like blockbusters... giving money to the filmmakers etc. plus they will have a box office run still(smaller of course). WB is banking on HBOMax subscriptions. 

It gives these companies the advantage to make money but also move on to their next slate of movies... for instance Legendary can now start looking at productions beyond Godzilla vs Kong and Dune. Hell, they might be able to pull off another Monsterverse film for 2023 now simply because they’re not so boggled up in what to do with GvsKong. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

The problem with the max plan was never the Jan-May movies. It’s the Aug-Dec movies.

Well, without their plan, there wouldn't be anywhere for Aug-Dec movies...they are gonna almost singlehandedly float movie theaters from Aug 2020-Aug 2021...with a slight assist from Universal...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Last time I saw the CW DC shows they were far from being comic book accurate. I would be worried if the same team would be helping shape up the future of DC Films. 

The weird thing about the Arrowverse is that it started off being serious and grounded, just like the Nolan Batman films, but it got progressively goofier and more over the top as time went on, which was clearly done in order to ride off the growing popularity of the MCU. By this point, the Arrowverse is basically a more expensive (but still fairly cheap) version of the Power Rangers, but for an older audience, and with a nauseating amount of pop culture references.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, without their plan, there wouldn't be anywhere for Aug-Dec movies...they are gonna almost singlehandedly float movie theaters from Aug 2020-Aug 2021...with a slight assist from Universal...

Yes, there would be. The pitiful releases from Aug 2020-April 2020 aren’t really keeping anything afloat. Blockbusters from other studios starting in May 2020 are what will actually rescue the industry.

Edited by WandaLegion

11 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Yes, there would be. The pitiful releases from Aug 2020-April 2020 aren’t really keeping anything afloat. Blockbusters from other studios starting in May 2020 are what will actually rescue the industry.

I think you mean 2021. Unless you are saying the studios should've stuck with their releases in May last year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belblazer said:

Lol, as I said from before, all these companies only care about theatres when it benefits them. Just look at what was released on streaming last year that could of done dual releases but didn’t happen. When they need theatres again and it’s beneficial for the companies they’ll use them. 

Just wanted to edit and say this isn’t a shot at any company, these companies are all gonna do what’s best for themselves, we should all understand this by now. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

I think you mean 2021. Unless you are saying the studios should've stuck with their releases in May last year?

Oh yeah, very much should have been 2021. Releasing movies in May of 2020 would have been a complete disaster, iirc the market was like 3% open or something 😂

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Per the WSJ, Patty Jenkins will get $13M and Gal Gadot will receive $15M in renegotiated deals with WB. Good for them! 

Do you have a link for this? Seems like a pretty huge pay day, especially for Patty! A director making that much money on one film is insane. Good for both of them! Well deserved since they were underpaid for the first movie.

4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Do you have a link for this? Seems like a pretty huge pay day, especially for Patty! A director making that much money on one film is insane. Good for both of them! Well deserved since they were underpaid for the first movie.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/want-to-be-a-hollywood-player-covid-and-streaming-have-changed-all-the-rules-11611247554?redirect=amp#click=https://t.co/VczY8H35tQ

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

With paydays like this it's crazy to me that Gal wants to move on from WW

Who's saying she does?  And even if she does indicate that... money speaks.  Always has, always will... especially if she doesn't establish any other franchises.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Who's saying she does?  And even if she does indicate that... money speaks.  Always has, always will... especially if she doesn't establish any other franchises.  

Just the impression I get after hearing her talk about getting "closure" in WW3

Edited by DlAMONDZ