Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

25 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Reading more about this deal, it sounds like it’s probably for the best. AT&T clearly had no idea what they were doing, so they should just stay in their lane. With that said, I’m still praying that none of those proposed NBCUniversal mergers ever come to fruition. 

I don't see how it won't happen...Peacock isn't doing well, NBCU is now a bit small on their own...unless they decide to do like Sony and give up on doing streaming while being fine selling rights for movies and shows. Of these 2 NBCU mergers I think the best is the one with Viacom as it leads to more balance with a 5th big actor in the streaming industry instead of 4 + 2 smaller ones.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't see how it won't happen...Peacock isn't doing well, NBCU is now a bit small on their own...unless they decide to do like Sony and give up on doing streaming while being fine selling rights for movies and shows. Of these 2 NBCU mergers I think the best is the one with Viacom as it leads to more balance with a 5th big actor in the streaming industry instead of 4 + 2 smaller ones.

I mean, I would prefer it if Universal and Paramount both chose to give up on trying to compete in the streaming wars. I suppose I can see the logic in Warner Media having their own streaming service, since HBO does have established brand recognition and they have a pretty extensive library of classic movies, but Universal and Paramount were just plain arrogant to think that people like them enough to justify their own streaming services.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

Looks like I was dead wrong, that's going to be a tough year or so for Warner staff while they have likely a interim CEO and are waiting for the deal to close. 

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, I would prefer it if Universal and Paramount both chose to give up on trying to compete in the streaming wars. I suppose I can see the logic in Warner Media having their own streaming service, since HBO does have established brand recognition and they have a pretty extensive library of classic movies, but Universal and Paramount were just plain arrogant to think that people like them enough to justify their own streaming services.

Sony is doing the smart thing with those massive deals with Netflix and Disney+.

Something never felt right with AT&T's ownership of WB. 

55 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, that was pretty quick. Fingers crossed they remove Matrix 4 from the HBO Max deal and give it a theatrical exclusive release.

They didn't close the deal for Matrix 4 yet?

I was thinking Dune was the only movie this year that was still in negotiations, and because of that they manage to get a theatrical window.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It's odd to me that these companies are all run by people that HAVE TO BE #1 AT EVERYTHING. You could just be happy being successful at a smaller level...

11 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't think any creative in the industry actually cares much about this. The HBO Max day and date deal was infinitely more embarrassing and a much bigger hit to their image than this.

How so? Worked fine for consumers. My coworkers and I loved discussing the latest HBO Max movie releases! Ain’t no way we were stepping into a theater until things calmed down. I’ll return to theaters in August for Suicide Squad, and when I’m fully vaccinated haha 

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

It's odd to me that these companies are all run by people that HAVE TO BE #1 AT EVERYTHING. You could just be happy being successful at a smaller level...

Who in their right mind strives to be number 2? The goal is always number one! 

Everything that hasn't begun their marketing campaigns is probably subject to exiting the HBO Max deal (Dune included even though it's already released a lot of marketing and merchandise but that was for its original December 2020 date that ended up not happening). Movies like In the Heights, Space Jam, Suicide Squad, etc. definitely fall under the "what's done is done" category since they're already promoting their hybrid releases.

28 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Who in their right mind strives to be number 2? The goal is always number one! 

You have to know your limits at some point, though. Peacock and Paramount+ (seriously, couldn’t they have called this service “Paramount Peak” instead?) never had a shot at competing with something like Disney+. 

11 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

This entire laughing material worth an episode of Honest Trailer

More like Drunk History. Speaking of, what's this about WB being owned by a mob run parking lot company in the 70's and why am I getting to know about it today on Twitter? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Stop posting shit from this grifter lmao. It's not even up to Universal to acquire another company.

Why do people hate Grace Randolph? Is it because she has the job you wished you had?  Most of what she says ends up being true so i think the hate is unwarranted 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Why do people hate Grace Randolph? Is it because she has the job you wished you had?  Most of what she says ends up being true so i think the hate is unwarranted 

Are you Grace Randolph?

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Everything that hasn't begun their marketing campaigns is probably subject to exiting the HBO Max deal (Dune included even though it's already released a lot of marketing and merchandise but that was for its original December 2020 date that ended up not happening). Movies like In the Heights, Space Jam, Suicide Squad, etc. definitely fall under the "what's done is done" category since they're already promoting their hybrid releases.

From what i remember they already made the deals for every movie but Dune and paid everybody pretending all the movies was a big success.

Unless this isn't true, they're not putting anything back to theatrical exclusive.

The only one that maybe is worthy of another big change after all that is Matrix because by December things should be better globally and it actually can gross +1B.