Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@jimisawesome that's exactly the problem WB has. They suck so badly in executions.

HBO Max has the best content there is as far as streamers are concerned and yet you see what is happening.

Releasing Tenet was a huge blessing. Releasing TENET is blessing even 3 months later in India with many Bollywood films now thinking to release because TENET opening was nice.

Yet, WB is bad guy because the executed it terribly. They should have waited till WW84 release to announce their 2021 slate day and date on HBO Max.

I tried HBOmax. Netflix is better in my opinion and I think the majority feel that way.

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Anyone remember back in 2014, when everyone was talking about what a train wreck Sony was? Good times...

20th Century Fox was the highest grossing studio that year. It doesn't even exist anymore.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WME just sent a letter criticising this move. Even Wall Street doesn't seem give a single crap about this (considering that it caused barely any movement to their stock) and literally everyone else thinks it's stupid. 

A look at what has happened since the HBO MAX day and date announcement: 

burning bridges GIF

• Like 2

To everyone who's saying only millionaire directors and actors will be affected by this:

I’m talking about the grips, the electricians who depend on, you know, IA and IA residuals for pension and health care. I’m talking about SAG. I’m talking about actors. I’m talking about when I come on the set and I’ve got to shoot a scene with, you know, a waiter or a lawyer who has two or three lines. They need to be earning a living in that profession, working maybe sometimes a couple of days a year. And that’s why the residuals structure is in place. That’s why the unions have secured participations for people down the line,” Nolan continued.

The director called the decision by WarnerMedia, owned by tech giant AT&T, as devaluing billions in film assets “by using them as leverage for a different business strategy without first figuring out how those new structures are going to have to work, it’s a sign of great danger for the ordinary people who work in this industry.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

To everyone who's saying only millionaire directors and actors will be affected by this:

Can't wait for people to paint Nolan as the bad guy again and continue to simp for big, soulless conglomerates. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Can't wait for people to paint Nolan as the bad guy again and continue to simp for big, soulless conglomerates. 

I don’t see how any can defend them.

Nolan is right, but also, WB can do whatever they want with their products, as stupid as it is they can still do it.

Good luck to them getting people to work for them anymore though.  

• Disbelief 1

Just now, TMP said:

Go on Twitter and you'll see there's a lot of WB/AT&T simps, lmao

Oh I know, and they’re idiots who are only thinking of their own interests. They wanna watch movies at home for $15/month, which is great and id like the option as well next year(cause of covid) but people need to be compensated for their work. And Nolan brings up good points about those other people, so they need to paid as well. 

As I’ve said many times in this thread, Stankey and to a lesser extent Kilar have ruined WB. 

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1