Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

We’re done here, it’s clear that you’re either deliberately or accidentally completely missing the point.

I’m fairly certain I got the point you’re trying to make. You’re saying that because the Joker wasn’t the star of SS, that means that the negative response to his portrayal would’ve had no impact on Joker. I’m simply saying that I disagree. 

@excel1 recommended plan:

Canceled

-Fantastic Beasts

-Furiosa

Purchased

-James Bond

AUGUST 6TH

DUNE

LABOR DAY

GODZILLA vs. KONG 

OCTOBER 1ST

SUICIDE SQUAD - ft THE BATMAN theatrical trailer *also debuts on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL*

NOVEMBER 12

ELVIS

DECEMBER 17

THE MATRIX REBOOTED

DECEMBER 22

SPACE JAM 2

MARCH 4

THE BATMAN

APRIL 29

BLACK ADAM

JULY 22

SUPERMAN - PART 1

OCTOBER 7TH

ANTON CHIGURH SOLO MOVIE

NOVEMBER 4 

AQUABRO 2

DECEMBER 9TH

PEARL HARBOR 

DECEMBER 16TH

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

MARCH 10

IRON GIANT LIVE ACTION

APRIL 28

THE BATMAN vs JOKER

JUNE 9

Wonder Woman 3

JULY 14

SUPERMAN PART 2 - end of Cavill version of character

JULY 28

NOLAN/ INCEPTION 2?

OCTOBER 6TH

THE FLASH

NOVEMBER 3

BOND

DECEMBER 15TH

HARRY POTTER 9

Edited by excel1

Thanks to COVID, Matrix was always gonna be ready for 2021 before Batman because the former concluded shooting several weeks ago (and works better as counterprogramming against Spider-Man, which is also shooting right now) while the latter's very long (and disrupted multiple times) shoot is expected to finish in February.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, excel1 said:

@excel1 recommended plan:

Canceled

-Fantastic Beasts

-Cleopatra

-Furiosa

Purchased

-James Bond

Also a bad plan. And how will WB cause Paramount to cancel Cleopatra?

Edit: Also a prequel to No Country for Old Men is the worst idea ever. WB doesn't own that either.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also a bad plan. And how will WB cause Paramount to cancel Cleopatra?

Ah, good news.

Edit: Also a prequel to No Country for Old Men is the worst idea ever. WB doesn't own that either.

1) Who said a prequel? I'm thinking sequel w/ Anton wrangling w/ Pablo Esocbar's boys

2) This would make money for sure. Needs to star Bardem

3) Then partner & or buy it.

Edited by excel1

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

WB killing theaters...

This is the big takeaway from the article:

Analyst Eric Wold with B Riley has predicted that Warner Bros will reverse course on its streaming plan. In a note to clients today, he called the film a “loss leader” designed to prop up HBO Max. Its box office confirms Wold’s belief that “movie watchers want to become moviegoers.” Despite being able to play in 23% fewer theaters than Warner Bros’ Tenet in September, WW84 far outdid the Christopher Nolan film’s $9 million debut. (Imax locations contributed 7% of domestic grosses and 10% on a global basis, he noted.)

Nearly half of all direct retail subscribers to HBO Max streamed the Wonder Woman sequel, with overall viewership on the service running at triple the level of a non-holiday November period. Still, Wold maintained, “The decision made by HBO Max subscribers to watch “WW84″ at home was more of a decision made for them by local theaters being closed and stay-at-home restrictions as opposed to the preferred way to watch blockbuster films going forward.”

• Like 2

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

No, let's not ruin a classic here lmao.

Ah so that is why Jurassic World, Star Wars prequels & sequels etc all don't exist?

...Shareholders need to put food on the table. This would be an easy $150m+ hit, possibly much more.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is the big takeaway from the article:

That sounds a lot like wish-casting:)...

I'm a direct retail subscriber, and I had the ability to go to the theater...and chose at home thanks to weather (and a family split 3-3 on in theater/at home), not unavailability:)...

I think, like the Trolls release on Easter, Christmas is a special time for movie viewing.  It's the "cold weather family outing" when everyone is together and it's become tradition...that doesn't help the other 50 weeks of the movie going year...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Ah so that is why Jurassic World, Star Wars prequels & sequels etc all don't exist?

...Shareholders need to put food on the table. This would be an easy $150m+ hit, possibly much more.

WB really needs some good hits but they can't seem to get any of them to land. Assuming the best case scenario with WB is just foolhardy at this point.

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

No Country for Old Men cannot be lumped in with all these other titles which are merchandise-ready and actually lend themselves to sequels. Come on now.

Not that it matters because Bardem would never even agree to returning unless he was in the worst spot of his career and desperately needed the work (neither of which is likely to ever happen).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

On separate note. Can WB make anymore content (tv series / films) from LoTR & GoT. A film from GoT universe could be huge.

Something like perhaps Arya's journey to West of Westeros.

WB has really good IPs.

I’m pretty sure the rights to Middle Earth are currently with Amazon, but there is supposed to be a GoT prequel show on HBO Max in 2022.

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That sounds a lot like wish-casting:)...

I'm a direct retail subscriber, and I had the ability to go to the theater...and chose at home thanks to weather (and a family split 3-3 on in theater/at home), not unavailability:)...

I think, like the Trolls release on Easter, Christmas is a special time for movie viewing.  It's the "cold weather family outing" when everyone is together and it's become tradition...that doesn't help the other 50 weeks of the movie going year...

Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, and Thanksgiving weekend (the other prime holiday spots to open a movie) are disappointed in you right now for the oversight. :lol:

But I think the point is that Wonder Woman's box office numbers surpassed their expectations (again, given the circumstances) and goes to show that the theatrical experience can't be killed as easily as many think it can. Thus, WB will end up sticking with this plan for their early 2021 titles (Little Things, Judas, Tom & Jerry, Sopranos prequel, Mortal Kombat, maybe Godzilla vs. Kong if they can work out a deal with Legendary) but everything else beyond that will be regular theatrical releases.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

On separate note. Can WB make anymore content (tv series / films) from LoTR & GoT. A film from GoT universe could be huge.

Something like perhaps Arya's journey to West of Westeros.

WB has really good IPs.

House of the Dragon is probably their highest profile original series.   

But man, talk about a franchise with some recent brand damage 😂

Even with all the (mostly deserved) backlash the final season received, a Game of Thrones movie in about 10 years would probably be huge. Especially if they brought Harrington back and found a way to bring Clarke back. Depends on if this new series or any other spin-offs can restore goodwill to the brand.

Edited by filmlover