Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Hbo system is the clunkiest dumpster fire ever. I did a free trial for hulu and HBOmax combined. Hulu worked perfect instantly. Hbo not so much. Took forever. 

Definitely cancelling after watching this movie.

You’re not the only one. I’ve read that several people have had issues. It’s on them to make their platform more user friendly. It’s too bad too, because their content is great. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

You’re not the only one. I’ve read that several people have had issues. It’s on them to make their platform more user friendly. It’s too bad too, because their content is great. 

For me it's a non-starter .loving Wonder woman but I wouldn't pay $6 a month for this the way it's set up.

Especially inside other apps.

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

For me it's a non-starter .loving Wonder woman but I wouldn't pay $6 a month for this the way it's set up.

Especially inside other apps.

I hear ya! There’s no way that the average family can possibly afford all these streaming services. Right now, I have five of them: Netflix, Disney+, HBOMAX, Amazon (as a Prime member), and Hulu. I will probably cancel Hulu. It’s the one I watch the least. 

• Like 2

I have apple now only because my wife's employer reimbursed her for an iPad for virtual health appointments. 

But that one i might keep after a year I get apple gift cards 20% off I can buy a year for $50.

Disney is a lock for years. As is netflix (wife loves it and I'm not suicidal 😂).  Beyond those not sure. 

Finally got a good indoor antenna! So I have local channels. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2

On 1/1/2021 at 5:11 AM, Thomas Beck said:

Huh. Is Gibson still up for this? And does anyone want to see him anymore?

INHO both Glover and GIbson are too old for this shit......

And Donner has been pushing this idea for years without much sucess.

14 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I hear ya! There’s no way that the average family can possibly afford all these streaming services. Right now, I have five of them: Netflix, Disney+, HBOMAX, Amazon (as a Prime member), and Hulu. I will probably cancel Hulu. It’s the one I watch the least. 

That's what I have - canceled Hulu and kept the top 4 (since I don't pay for Netflix and accidentally re-upped Disney for 2021 - if I had to drop to 3 services, one of those 2 would go, since I watch the most now on Amazon Prime and HBO Max)...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Would people really call for Hamada to be fired just because of Ray Fisher? Maybe if Zack Snyder were the one speaking against him, but Fisher? 

Some parts of a certain fanbase thought Hamada would be gone after Fisher made that tweet speaking out against Hamada. 

Warner/Universal (WU? Wuni?) merger incoming?

In it, he covered Warner Bros.' 2021 film slate plans, the fallout of the coronavirus pandemic on Hollywood, pressure on content creators and a possible merger of Comcast's NBCUniversal with AT&T's WarnerMedia.

"Our thoughts about the logical combination of NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia to give the combined companies the needed scale to compete with Disney and Netflix were reinforced by other conversations across town," Nathanson wrote about his check-in with his Hollywood contacts.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hollywoods-2021-investor-forecast-outlined-in-analyst-report

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Surely that would violate antitrust laws, right?

From a US standpoint probably just sports and news the would need to be divested (likely sold to a seperate buyer) if we use the Disney-Fox deal as a guideline for future media M&A.  

• Like 1