Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

10 hours ago, cax16 said:

This is what I was thinking as well, also, I’m sure Gunn had some input on BA already as well with Harcourt and Waller being in it. Not input as in overseeing anything but I’d assume they all have a decent relationship already.

But, if the rock is upset or blindsided by this situation I can’t really say I care. I liked BA and want to see more of the characters but the rock and has team have some serious quality control issues and we don’t need them going out and hiring terrible writers again for the next movie. A more collaborative relationship with Safran and Gunn would do them well imo. 

I’d also be a bit surprised if the Rock didn’t actually know this might happen cause apparently negotiations have been going on from around the time Dan Lin was being discussed. 

I like Johnson, but if he though he was going to get some kind of creative control of the DCU he was delusional.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Feels to me like this is a positive step in terms of moving on from the division. They need to move forward, not keep looking backwards to the choices of a film maker who hasn’t contributed to new storylines in half a decade. Snyder is in the past now, but the return of Cavill shows that people like Gunn/Safran are happy to embrace parts of what worked from Snyder’s films without being beholden to his divisive overall vision for DC.

Snyder made some good casting choices, but he also made some bad ones (Lex Luthor).

But the SNyderverse has been dead since 2017. I think Snyder knows that; I think he got vindication when his cut of JL proved to be better then the threatrical release (and overal I am no Snyder fan) and has now moved on. The only ones expecting a return to the Snyderverse are his delusional fans.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Snyder made some good casting choices, but he also made some bad ones (Lex Luthor).

But the SNyderverse has been dead since 2017. I think Snyder knows that; I think he got vindication when his cut of JL proved to be better then the threatrical release (and overal I am no Snyder fan) and has now moved on. The only ones expecting a return to the Snyderverse are his delusional fans.

Seems to me that he could do the right thing by his friend James Gunn and tweet his congratulations to him and pass the torch so his fans stop their crusade. Snyder has never made any effort to stop it, only inflame it.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, TheScarecrow said:

Seems to me that he could do the right thing by his friend James Gunn and tweet his congratulations to him and pass the torch so his fans stop their crusade. Snyder has never made any effort to stop it, only inflame it.

Yeah, SNyder has egged the fans on, but he has been in the industry long enough to know deep down he is not coming back.

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

I know he isn't the most popular person but I thought Ray Fisher was excellent as Cyborg..

He was good as Cyborg, but FIsher has been a total jerk and burned his bridges behind him. He is not coming back, and I think CYborg iis not high on the DCU charecters to revive list anyway.

19 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

They are better off getting John Stewart into Justice League than keeping Cyborg. I found the character quite dull. 

I can think of a whole slew of DC heros I would have rather seen as intial members of the JL rather then Cyclops.

Agreed if you wanted a person of color, Stewart would have been a better choice.

i like the version of Stewart in the Timmverse Jusjtice League series:Tough as Nails ex Marine Green Lantern.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I can think of a whole slew of DC heros I would have rather seen as intial members of the JL rather then Cyclops.

Agreed if you wanted a person of color, Stewart would have been a better choice.

i like the version of Stewart in the Timmverse Jusjtice League series:Tough as Nails ex Marine Green Lantern.

And here, I'm always partial to Martian Manhunter - not sure why that character has only been on tv so far...

On 10/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, Warmaster506 said:

Got to love Grace Randolph grifting ass.

She’s still doubling down despite the massive L she took “Cavill will never be Superman again”. She seems extra salty about this one though.. I think she really thought he was gonna join marvel lol

Edited by VENOM

I think for Green Lantern, it's more likely to be Hal Jordan than John Stewart. 

For Superman, I really hope we get to see the villains who haven't been done on film like Birzarro, Metallo and Brainiac so we can have more than just Lex Luthor and General Zod. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I think for Green Lantern, it's more likely to be Hal Jordan than John Stewart. 

For Superman, I really hope we get to see the villains who haven't been done on film like Birzarro, Metallo and Brainiac so we can have more than just Lex Luthor and General Zod. 

I understand that Darkseid has pretty much been written in as the big bad. WHich doe snot mean that Braniac and the others will not show up.

Bizarro would be fun, but he can't be a serious villian. He is not really evil at heart. He needs to be manipulated by a villian who really is evil.

I disagree about Lantern, I think DC wants a person of color to be a major hero. You culd still have Jordan in it as a secondary Green Lantern.

Edited by dudalb