Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Well that answers that about Jenkins. 

I think Gadot would do another movie without Jenkins. We’ll see what happens. 

Anybody know if Gadot has any contractual obligations with Warners?

If the Warners execs felt that Jenkins' script had the same  type of flaws as WW84, they were justified in throwing out the script.

And if they did give Jenkins another chance , and she walked, I have lost respect for her.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

After reading all the material I could find on this, only thing we know for sure is that Gunn and Safre have rejected Jenkins' script for WW3. Everything else is speculation.

It's becoming clear now that Warner Bros. brass rejected it first, even before Gunn/Safran chimed in! 

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

It's becoming clear now that Warner Bros. brass rejected it first, even before Gunn/Safran chimed in! 

On rereading, the impression I get is that Warners execs rejected Jenkins script, but Gunn and Safran offered her a chance to start from scratch, and she declined.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

On rereading, the impression I get is that Warners execs rejected Jenkins script, but Gunn and Safran offered her a chance to start from scratch, and she declined.

tbh...if she were expected to hand them a script, and she only gave them a piece of paper...that's not a good look on her.

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

tbh...if she were expected to hand them a script, and she only gave them a piece of paper...that's not a good look on her.

I think that language is exaggerated, but...they're probably referring to the idea that she submitted a "scriptment"...an abbreviated version of the story...when they were apparently expecting a full script?  😶

Edited by Macleod

I don't get what makes Gunn a Feige-like oracle. I do think he is talented, but he is proven to make wrong decisions already as I mentioned before. Him being knowledgeable on comics and being better than previous terrible decision makers doesn't make him a genius. GotG was amazing, GotG 2 was ok, nothing special. Suicide Squad was a big past-pandemic flop. WW2 was a pandemic flop. The decision to warrant the 3rd one for SS but cancelling WW is simply wrong and illogical, so it's not a good start.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

So the wraps storey basically said Jenkins didn’t want to take any notes and wouldn’t change anything, and definitely didn’t want input from Gunn and Safran, disappointing to hear that (if it’s true). Best of luck to her in the future, I hope they find a new female director for the next instalment of Wonder Woman. 

• Thanks 1

Please, not the WW84 would have been a huge it if not for the pademic crap. IMHO if there would have been no pandemic, it still would have flopped. It would have taken in more, yes but still failed at the box office. Most likely scenario would have been a big oepning weekend, and then a collpase once word on the film got out.