Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Yeah they also announced Tom and Jerry, Jetsons, Ben 10, Samurai Jack, Looney Tunes, and Scooby Doo over the years, and weve heard nothing since, but considering they have untitled movies for 2017 and 18, it could be them, so we'll see. My guess is Looney/Scooby and Flintstones. And theyre aiming for winter so Lego gave them confidence. I'd like to see Cartoon Networks library get used some. A CG Dexters Laboratory movie could really work, i'd be there at midnight.

They've also have Smallfoot and Storks which were announced but not dated. Warner Bros should really consider using characters that haven't had movies, I imagine The Jetsons would be live action rather than animated as would Ben 10, The Flintstones I think they should bring it back as a TV series closer in tone to the original series.

2016 will be huge for Warner. BvS, 'Fantastic Beasts' and 'Ninjago' will be huge hits. Also, the untitled DC movie and 'King Arthur' could be successful. But their 2015 line looks awful. 'Jupiter Ascending' is my most anticipated 2015 movie but it won't do big numbers at the BO. 'The Conjuring 2' and 'Magic Mike 2 'are locked to be big, 'Peter Pan' will probably do good but aside from that, unless smth surprises, I can't see any 100M+ movies (not even 'Magic Mike 2' is locked for that). At least they have 2 original SF movies: JA and 'Midnight Special'

• Like 3

2016 will be huge for Warner. BvS, 'Fantastic Beasts' and 'Ninjago' will be huge hits. Also, the untitled DC movie and 'King Arthur' could be successful. But their 2015 line looks awful. 'Jupiter Ascending' is my most anticipated 2015 movie but it won't do big numbers at the BO. 'The Conjuring 2' and 'Magic Mike 2 'are locked to be big, 'Peter Pan' will probably do good but aside from that, unless smth surprises, I can't see any 100M+ movies (not even 'Magic Mike 2' is locked for that). At least they have 2 original SF movies: JA and 'Midnight Special'

Also in 2016 as we all know they have batman vs superman which will also be huge!

:D  :D

From all 2016 releases the one i can't wait to see if Fantastic beasts.

• Like 1

The fall of warner bros! This new ceo is horrible

Found this article 

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/22/business/media/warner-bros-after-shake-up-and-shaky-summer-digs-in.html?partner=yahoofinance&_r=0

Summer was brutal at Warner Bros., and not just because the thermometer hit 105 degrees on its sun-scorched lot here last week.

Eight films, starting with “Godzilla” in mid-May, took in barely more at the worldwide box office than a single “Harry Potter” sequel did in 2011. That year, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2” had $1.34 billion in global ticket sales, backed up by typical Warner hits, including “The Hangover Part II” and “Horrible Bosses.” To date, the studio, often a front-runner, ranks third in domestic ticket sales, as misses like “Jersey Boys” and “Blended” failed to charm audiences.

• Like 1

Annabelle
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $65,295,403    50.0%Foreign:  $65,200,000    50.0% = Worldwide:  $130,495,403  

It's amazing how much of a brand The Conjuring has become. Annabelle will finish over the biggest PA movie OS (PA 3 - 103M) and has a good chance of beating the biggest PA WW (also PA 3 with 207M). And it's a freakin spin-off.

I see TC 2 at around 400M WW. So in 2016 we'll get either TC 3 or the Annabelle sequel. 2016 is looking more and more like a monster year for WB.

BvS - 1B lock

Fantastic Beasts - 800M is the absolute floor for it

Ninjago - 500M+

Suicide Squad - I have no clue, but Warner has a lot betting on it and they'll push it hard. So around 500M I guess.

Conjuring 3 - 400M+  or   Annabelle 2 - 300M+

And then you have:

King Arthur (my guess is around 400M)

Jungle Book 

Tarzan (I have no clue about these two)

Live By Night (their typical fall adult drama with Ben Affleck starring, directing and writing - 100M DOM at least and seems like an Oscar bait)

Geostorm

+

other movies (my guess is we might see a We're The Millers sequel)