Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

That`s right, a few.

I like Depp as much as the next guy, but calling him a box office draw is plain wrong. The same with Bale, even combined their forces they only managed to make twice of budget for "Public enemies".

And I highly doubt Alice and Sweeney Todd was a hit strictly due Depp.

Sometimes his eccentrics work for the benefit of the movie sometimes not.

I prefer his pre 2004 work tbh.

Not saying AiW was all him. A few is not enough?

That`s right, a few.

I like Depp as much as the next guy, but calling him a box office draw is plain wrong. The same with Bale, even combined their forces they only managed to make twice of budget for "Public enemies".

And I highly doubt Alice and Sweeney Todd was a hit strictly due Depp.

Sometimes his eccentrics work for the benefit of the movie sometimes not.

I prefer his pre 2004 work tbh.

Doubtful. And Alice and ST where mostly Depp. I mean, he was front and center of Alice. Alice herself did nothing. People still refer to that movis as "the Johnny Depp film".

Doubtful. And Alice and ST where mostly Depp. I mean, he was front and center of Alice. Alice herself did nothing. People still refer to that movis as "the Johnny Depp film".

I liked Alice in it, and Depp had nothing to do with why i saw it.

Doubtful.

Why? Bringing up his box office history doesn`t mean I dislike him.

Alice herself did nothing. People still refer to that movis as "the Johnny Depp film".

Dunno.

I went to cinema cause I liked the trailer with curious and colorful creatures. And Helena was brilliant too.

A few is not enough?

You must be kidding me.

Why? Bringing up his box office history doesn`t mean I dislike him.

Dunno.

I went to cinema cause I liked the trailer with curious and colorful creatures. And Helena was brilliant too.

You must be kidding me.

I am not.

I am not.

Being a box office draw means people go to every your movie no matter the genre and your name alone guarantee BO success.

Tom Hanks is the perfect example of it.

Tom Cruise and Will Smith also.

I mean they were able to sell even Valkyrie, Seven pounds and Captain Phillips.

No expecting Depp`s more artsy projects to make money, but Tourist and that movie with Charlize Theron shows that people don`t care much about his movies.

That`s why he has just a few modest hits and couple of big but it`s not enough for being called "a box office draw".

Being a box office draw means people go to every your movie no matter the genre and your name alone guarantee BO success.

Tom Hanks is the perfect example of it.

Tom Cruise and Will Smith also.

I mean they were able to sell even Valkyrie, Seven pounds and Captain Phillips.

No expecting Depp`s more artsy projects to make money, but Tourist and that movie with Charlize Theron shows that people don`t care much about his movies.

That`s why he has just a few modest hits and couple of big but it`s not enough for being called "a box office draw".

So then there has never been a box office draw.

WB is just bursting this summer with originality

Mad Max - sequel/remake hybrid

Entourage - a sequel to a TV Show

Magic Mike - sequel

Vacation - sequel

Man From Uncle - TV show re-make

They said Summer 2016, not Summer 2015.

They said Summer 2016, not Summer 2015.

Yeah I noticed, too late.  But then then there's re-makes like Tarzan and King Arthur for summer 2016

And BOM really needs to update their schedule because I can only count 7 and one sequel unless they're counting Suicide Squad

May (Details)

Captain America: Civil War (BV) - 5/6

Friday the 13th (2016) (Par.) - 5/13

Neighbors 2 (Uni.) - 5/13

Angry Birds (Sony) - 5/20

The Nice Guys (WB) - 5/20

Alice Through the Looking Glass (BV) - 5/27

X-Men: Apocalypse (Fox) - 5/27

June (Details)

Me Before You (WB) - 6/3

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (Par.) - 6/3

The Conjuring 2 (WB) - 6/10

Now You See Me 2 (LG/S) - 6/10

Uncharted (Sony) - 6/10

Warcraft (Uni.) - 6/10

Central Intelligence (WB) - 6/17

Finding Dory (BV) - 6/17

Independence Day Sequel (Fox) - 6/24

July (Details)

The BFG (BV) - 7/1

The Purge 3 (Uni.) - 7/1

Tarzan (2016) (WB) - 7/1

Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates (Fox) - 7/8

The Secret Life of Pets (Uni.) - 7/8

Star Trek 3 (Par.) - 7/8

Ice Age 5 (Fox) - 7/15

La La Land (LG/S) - 7/15

The Lake (EC) - 7/15

Ghostbusters (2016) (Sony) - 7/22

King Arthur (2016) (WB) - 7/22

Untitled Next Bourne Chapter (Uni.) - 7/29

August (Details)

Suicide Squad (WB) - 8/5

Pete's Dragon (BV) - 8/12

Sausage Party (Sony) - 8/12

Spectral (Uni.) - 8/12

Kubo and the Two Strings (Focus) - 8/19

Fede Alvarez/Sam Raimi Horror Picture (TriS) - 8/26

WB started the summer really well, yearly crown triumph possible, although Universal is having a fantastic year.

Nah, Disney will win. If it doesn't then I'll laugh my ass off considering they have The Avengers sequel and Star Wars in the same year, while WB have none of their big franchises.

Actually I see Disney finishing third. They are overdue a yearly triumph, haven't beaten rival studios for a decade. Should be a fun showdown. WB picks loads of interesting projects, very consistent, can compete without a mega franchise like Batman and Potter.

Edited by Alfredstellar

Warner Bros. Pictures Crosses $1 Billion Mark at the Domestic Box Office

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/454375-warner-bros-pictures-crosses-1-billion-mark-at-the-domestic-box-office

Breaking an industry record, Warner Bros. Pictures will exceed $1 billion at the domestic box office today, becoming the only studio ever to reach that benchmark 15 years in a row.

Congrats WB!

Warner Bros.' Chilly Summer Puts Execs in the Hot Seat

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-chilly-summer-puts-816176

In other news, water is wet. Looking at WB's summer slate for this year, the 2 movies which came in well below expectations would be Magic Mike XXL and Vacation, but both did in the end have a pretty leggy run. Man from UNCLE came in slightly below expectations at the start of summer, San Andreas and Mad Max overperformed and Hot Pursuit did as much as it would have anyway.

Literally anyone could have looked at their 2015 summer slate and predicted the total box office these movies would get, especially considering that BvS moved out of July. The difference between WB has a great summer and WB has an underperforming summer comes down to one movie being delayed. Same issue Universal (and summer 2014) had last year with Furious 7 and Jurassic World both being delayed and not hitting their summer 2014 dates.

In other news, water is wet. Looking at WB's summer slate for this year, the 2 movies which came in well below expectations would be Magic Mike XXL and Vacation, but both did in the end have a pretty leggy run. Man from UNCLE came in slightly below expectations at the start of summer, San Andreas and Mad Max overperformed and Hot Pursuit did as much as it would have anyway.

Literally anyone could have looked at their 2015 summer slate and predicted the total box office these movies would get, especially considering that BvS moved out of July. The difference between WB has a great summer and WB has an underperforming summer comes down to one movie being delayed. Same issue Universal (and summer 2014) had last year with Furious 7 and Jurassic World both being delayed and not hitting their summer 2014 dates.

Magic Mike XXL will still end profitable as will Vacation and The Man from UNCLE.