CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

I got the old trailer at Peanuts, now that's disappointing

You mean you got the old trailer at Inside Out? :P

I admit, I actually do like the old trailer better. Just something about that Linus and Lucy song. So classic.

This didn't elicit one laugh at my IO screening. Compare that to the Minions trailer before, which kids were practically going into hyper active laugh induced seizures over. I just don't think this brand of humor really appeals to today's kids. But we shall see.

This didn't elicit one laugh at my IO screening. Compare that to the Minions trailer before, which kids were practically going into hyper active laugh induced seizures over. I just don't think this brand of humor really appeals to today's kids. But we shall see.

Sadly agree. 

For me, I got:

Minions - best reaction

Pan - no reaction 

Shaun the Sheep Movie - surprisingly solid reaction 

Hillsong: Let Hope Rise - no reaction 

I'm thinking Pan, Goosebumps and Hotel Transylvania 2 will hamper family-friendly demand... $35 million OW on its way to $130-140 million DOM. Good Dinosaur won't help either ($230-270 million DOM) 

It was known as The Charlie Brown and Snoopy show in the UK but it was popular when I was a kid.

Last time they were around in the UK, it was with Happy Meal toys from more than a decade ago.

That is the title of the movie over here.

Same here.

bscap0000.jpg

20150523_134152.jpg

I showed this trailer to my little niece (5yo) yesterday and I didn't get a reaction from her. She did'n even laugh, just smiled. (Then she went crazy when she saw The Secret life of pets)

But parents are going to take their children with them anyways, and it's gonna have a decent run.

Edited by A D3 Rebel
  • Like 2

Last time they were around in the UK, it was with Happy Meal toys from more than a decade ago.

Pretty much. I don't think it has been on UK TV since the 90's. I loved it though and remember watching the movies on TV.

I always close my eyes for trailers to movies I'm going to see lately.    Weird thing about the Minions trailer was that there weren't any funny lines but the kids were laughing.    So I guess it was all physical stuff with them falling down or bumping their heads.

I'm totally fine with the "Charlie Brown & Snoopy" marketing switch.  They are the two most popular characters.  They need to market them both heavily.  As for appealing to a new generation, it's up to our generation to introduce our kids to this.   I have a feeling though this is kind of a Cartoon for Adults since we grew up on it they are hoping we bring our kids with us. 

Good parents will take there children to this. I would be freaking out with excitement if I would have seen this teaser as a kid.

That's how I feel, I've never seen a "Peanuts" film on the big screen but I watched all the movies on television every single holiday season, it was like a ritual to see "Charlie Brown's Halloween/Punpkin", "Thanksgiving" and "Christmas" annually.   This is the 65th Anniversary of the Franchise, that's amazing.   It's not like they haven't been releasing TV Specials it's just Peanuts isn't as popular with this next generation as it was when I was growing up in the 80's.  

• Like 2

Same here.

bscap0000.jpg

20150523_134152.jpg

I showed this trailer to my little niece (5yo) yesterday and I didn't get a reaction from her. She did'n even laugh, just smiled. (Then she went crazy when she saw The Secret life of pets)

But parents are going to take their children with them anyways, and it's gonna have a decent run.

When families go to movies, the kids are usually the ones that decide where to go. 

• Like 1