CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

16 minutes ago, Blankments said:

tribefan's constant hating on this movie of all films manages to confuse me everytime

Huh? I'm not hating on it. I'm just not emotionally taken by it the way you are. It's looking like a pleasant but disposable diversion, which is pretty much what the franchise has always been. In hindsight it's actually perfect material for Blue Sky.

Now, Home, yeah, I was totally hating on that.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I suppose I have been slightly annoyed by the notion some have posited that this is a "real" kids movie as opposed to the "mopey" or "pretentious" Pixar films. Not so much here recently but it feels like a lot of the internet hype for this is based in that feeling. Still, I think I've generally been more optimistic about its box office chances than most

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I suppose I have been slightly annoyed by the notion some have posited that this is a "real" kids movie as opposed to the "mopey" or "pretentious" Pixar films. Not so much here recently but it feels like a lot of the internet hype for this is based in that feeling. Still, I think I've generally been more optimistic about its box office chances than most

Gotta stop listening to Shay's insanity.

I like Peanuts. I really do. But I don't think Blue Sky is the company to fully handle the idiosyncracies that the property had under Schulz. Instead, it'll be a cute, harmless product. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt it'll top Pixar's efforts this year.

Being the third-best animated feature of the year is nothing to be ashamed about.

I just think the visual style looks absolutely lovely and reading the reviews, it sounds like it's as great as a big budget CGI Peanuts movie was ever gonna be.

Doubt it'll top either Pixars this year, but I'm a sucker for any good animated film

• Like 2