CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

I guess, yes, but

Linus was remarking on his good deeds the entire film, and the film is geared towards the audience seeing that. It's not as cathartic as it's supposed to be, mostly because it's long-winded and seems a bit "kid gloves" to me. I think it would've played much better without the crowd of children behind him, so it feels more like a character moment than a learning moment. Not really a movie-ruiner in any sort of way at all, despite that small nitpick I still really loved the movie.

I never read a single strip of Peanuts nor I ever watched any TV specials of this.

And yet this has become my favorite movie of 2015!!!!

Loved the characters, the humor, the animation, the music, everything. I left the theatre with a giant smile on my face. Not even Force Awakens made me feel this good.

I really hope they make a sequel with the same crew in the future.

• Like 3

I felt exactly the same.

I saw Peanuts when I was little and I've never considered myself a fan but this was soooo cute, so fresh, it made me feel really nostalgic bc that's how I used to enjoy my childhood (alternating it with videogames and a TV of course :lol:).

There're a lot of adults (with no children!) in my showing, btw.  What about yours, @Boxx93?

2 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

I felt exactly the same.

I saw Peanuts when I was little and I've never considered myself a fan but this was soooo cute, so fresh, it made me feel really nostalgic bc that's how I used to enjoy my childhood (alternating it with videogames and a TV of course :lol:).

There're a lot of adults (with no children!) in my showing, btw.  What about yours, @Boxx93?

It was a very varied audience. It was mostly parents with children but there where also young adult couples, some elder people here and there, some teens. But the important thing is that they all end up loving the movie. Heck, many people stayed during a good portion of the credits (myself included), and that usually never happens unless its a Marvel movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm so hyped for it, I hope it won't be a huge disappointment like TGD 

it will open this weekend in Brazil! (And it is its last market :( )

You are going to love it, litle brother, you have to see this before tho:

I love that song :D 

Edited by A District 3 Engineer
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 9:22 AM, langer said:

Anyone else feels like this will only be a success in the US? 

Just like Tintin is strong in EU and weak in the US, Peanuts seems strong in the US and weak outside. 

Might just be me also...

My feeling was pretty much spot on.  This is definitely a US centric franchise. 

Finally watched it, and....... What a magical movie! I don't even remember the last time that I had such a good feeling watching a movie, everything went SO right, the story was simple but had such a good message, the jokes worked really well, the adventure part was enjoyable, every character had a lot of charisma, there's not even one single annoying character, Charlie Brown was lovely, and Snoopy was easily the best thing on movie, there's not a better definition to him than cutest thing ever, one of the most charismatics characters in the Pop culture, the references to the classic episodes were amazing, it gave the movie such a good nostalgic feeling but without looking generic, the soundtrack was also a spectacle, easily my fave movie of year and tied with IO as best animation of this decade, this movie is the perfect definition to the "magic of cinema", I can't wait for the sequel! 

• Like 2