Jump to content

CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

Recommended Posts



10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The legs for Peanuts were pretty mediocre. It couldn't even hit a X3 OW multiplier even with holidays.

Nearly ALL animated movies can hit that nowadays except for massively frontloaded movies like Minions.

 

And I really don't get this, this is the movie that EVERY Snoopy fan will love, why the hell it had such weak legs? My only explanation is that it has a limited public, just like the Sponge Bob movies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



55 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

 

And I really don't get this, this is the movie that EVERY Snoopy fan will love, why the hell it had such weak legs? My only explanation is that it has a limited public, just like the Sponge Bob movies 

 

Maybe Spectre, Hunger Games: MJ2 & The Good Dinosaur were too much for Peanuts to handle. And there weren't room to build legs when it had 2 big movies to compete with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

 

Maybe Spectre, Hunger Games: MJ2 & The Good Dinosaur were too much for Peanuts to handle. And there weren't room to build legs when it had 2 big movies to compete with.

No, Peanuts was just a frontloaded movie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Just now, WrathOfHan said:

No, Peanuts was just a frontloaded movie. 

 

I don't think it's whole frontloadness had something to do with this film's WW underperformance.....since people did love it.....but.....people just prefered to see other movies instead..that's what made this a bit more frontloaded....not just that it was just frontloaded from the beginning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites







26 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

 

Yeah....

 

Why didn't they put it in October? It would have done better at the box office without so much big flicks coming out in November.

 

Did you watch the movie? It's basically a movie made for Thanksgiving, it would make no sense if it was released in October 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

 

Did you watch the movie? It's basically a movie made for Thanksgiving, it would make no sense if it was released in October 

 

I haven't seen it yet :P....i'm only talking about it's box office potential and how much it could have done. :lol:

 

I will see it whenit comes out on DVD.

 

But....i think maybe Blue-Sky didn't see an OS-monster with this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



31 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

 

I haven't seen it yet :P....i'm only talking about it's box office potential and how much it could have done. :lol:

 

I will see it whenit comes out on DVD.

 

But....i think maybe Blue-Sky didn't see an OS-monster with this.

 

It's ridiculous that an unknown brand like Rio made way more than this OS  

Link to comment
Share on other sites







Quote

Snoopy & Charlie Brown Head To Sony After Music Division Pays $185M To Buy Stake In Brand

Quote

Snoopy is heading to Sony after the company paid $185M to acquire a stake in the Peanuts franchise. Sony Music Entertainment, the music division of the Japanese giant, has bought a 39% stake in Charles M. Schulz’s creation – marking the first major entertainment purchase since Kenichiro Yoshida took over from Kaz Hirai as Sony’s CEO.

 

I’m guessing the movie rights are staying with Fox, but I doubt Disney keep Blue Sky so I don’t know what’s gonna happen here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites







Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.