CJohn

Monday Numbers (Big!!!)

Think it's mostly because of Columbus Day. Many schools were out.

I think Canada had a big holiday too. Weird because my kid had school. But all of the banks were closed. But you're right. It must be Columbus day having an impact. HT was running behind Looper last week in the dailies. Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

I think Canada had a big holiday too. Weird because my kid had school. But all of the banks were closed. But you're right. It must be Columbus day having an impact. HT was running behind Looper last week in the dailies.

Yeah I think it depends on the school district. Overheard some teachers on the flight to la this weekend talking about having the day off. Expected drops otherwise.

Taken: -55%HT: -46%Pitch: -43%These are right in line with last year:http://boxofficemojo...ck=help2011.htmReal Steel dropped 57%, close enough to Taken.Dolphin Tale dropped 38%, lower than HT50/50 dropped 50% close enough to Pitch PerfectNow, let's say that Taken dropped 70% like it normally would. That would bring it down to about 3.7 mill. So on 3.7 mill, if it increased by 7% today, that puts it at 3.9 mill. So for it to hit 3.9 mill off 5.5 mill, it will drop by about 30% today.And there you have it. Taken will drop by about 30% today.

Edited by Expendable baumer
  • Like 1

It's good but yesterday many schools were closed. Tomorrow will have huge drops

Read above. Discount Tuesdays will still keep the films with a decent gross.

Taken: -55%HT: -46%Pitch: -43%These are right in line with last year:http://boxofficemojo...ck=help2011.htmReal Steel dropped 57%, close enough to Taken.Dolphin Tale dropped 38%, lower than HT50/50 dropped 50% close enough to Pitch PerfectNow, let's say that Taken dropped 70% like it normally would. That would bring it down to about 3.7 mill. So on 3.7 mill, if it increased by 7% today, that puts it at 3.9 mill. So for it to hit 3.9 mill off 5.5 mill, it will drop by about 30% today.And there you have it. Taken will drop by about 30% today.

What about discount Tuesday? Seems like its having a bigger impact this year and should dampen some of the drops

What about discount Tuesday? Seems like its having a bigger impact this year and should dampen some of the drops

Discount Tuesday has been in full force (the way we know it) since 2010.

Yeah I think it depends on the school district. Overheard some teachers on the flight to la this weekend talking about having the day off. Expected drops otherwise.

LMAO do you ever stay in one place?

Discount Tuesday has been in full force (the way we know it) since 2010.

True, but so many people keep on talking about it seeming to have a bigger impact this year than in previous years. Still though I think maybe some of the demand for Tuesday probably was burned off on Monday. So who knows...

LMAO do you ever stay in one place?

Hehe yeah it's been kind of hectic lately, but things should settle down until December. At least I hope so. :lol: Then another bunch of travelling.