Rudolf

iconic Bond Villains

I can tell you that the worst Bond villain was the one in Octopussy. He was so pathetic, I couldn't remember his name and had to look it up (Kamal Khan). I mean, Dominic Greene from Quantum of Solace was unimpressive too, but that was the point. Kamal Khan was supposed to be threatening but wasn't.

Honorable mention to Gustav "Power Glove" Graves.

Posted Image

The movie itself was pretty cheesy in spots, but I still love Christoper Walken as Zorin.

Posted Image

I also like Robert Davi as Sanchez in Licence to Kill:

Posted Image

And finally, my favorite villain from all Bond films, Alec Trevelyan from GoldenEye.

Posted Image

I love the classic villains, but when you really look at them, they were all kind of lacking in one huge aspect: Menace. They just weren't very menacing. Dr. No was kind of silly and was easy to make fun of in Austin Powers. Goldfinger was not very smart. Blofeld...he was the dumbest one of all. Always putting Bond in easily escapable situations and his minions batted .000 against Bond. He did manage to kill Bond's wife, but even that backfired because Bond ended up dropping him down a smokestack. And Scaramenga? A third nipple is supposed to be menacing? It's just gross. Jaws? He was more for laughs than true menace.

Then there are Craig's villains...an environmentalist who looked like a nerdy accountant and a card player who bled from his eye. He was menacing, right up until he died scratching Bond's balls.

No, the villains I picked were menacing because they were insane, relentless or vengeful.

I can tell you that the worst Bond villain was the one in Octopussy. He was so pathetic, I couldn't remember his name and had to look it up (Kamal Khan). I mean, Dominic Greene from Quantum of Solace was unimpressive too, but that was the point. Kamal Khan was supposed to be threatening but wasn't.

Honorable mention to Gustav "Power Glove" Graves.

Posted Image

Toby Stephens is hot though. :wub: