Neo

American Assassin | September 15, 2017

Have to be honest yesterday was the first time I watched a trailer for this, and before watching it I really expected not to be interested but after watching I must say it looks like a nice 90's throwback and it now has my full attention. Looks really fun.

I went into this movie expecting it to be really really really bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is not the world's greatest but definitely a nice brainless action flick to help pass time. Michael Keaton remains one of the most underrated actors around. He is convincing in everything he does.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I went into this movie expecting it to be really really really bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is not the world's greatest but definitely a nice brainless action flick to help pass time. Michael Keaton remains one of the most underrated actors around. He is convincing in everything he does.

Good to hear. I do plan on seeing this at some point.

• Like 1

Went to see not expecting it to be any good, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a piece of art and quite predictable, but it's a pretty entertaining movie to pass time. After seeing the pretentious and terrible mother!, this even felt like a breath of fresh air. 😃

9 minutes ago, therana said:

Went to see not expecting it to be any good, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a piece of art and quite predictable, but it's a pretty entertaining movie to pass time. After seeing the pretentious and terrible mother!, this even felt like a breath of fresh air. 😃

mmm

7 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I went into this movie expecting it to be really really really bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is not the world's greatest but definitely a nice brainless action flick to help pass time.

13 minutes ago, therana said:

Went to see not expecting it to be any good, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's not a piece of art and quite predictable, but it's a pretty entertaining movie to pass time.

Did you guys annotate off each other for your first two sentences? Great minds must think alike. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I saw this a few hours before seeing mother! the other day and can't decide if I already can't remember anything from this movie because watching Aronofsky's film took so much out of me or if it really was that forgettable.

Same here. I saw this, had some sushi then saw mother!

On 9/18/2017 at 9:51 PM, filmlover said:

I saw this a few hours before seeing mother! the other day and can't decide if I already can't remember anything from this movie because watching Aronofsky's film took so much out of me or if it really was that forgettable.

Haven't seen mother! yet...not sure I want to. But yea, this was pretty meh.  Not bad simply for the reason Keaton is in it and Dylan does a pretty good job.  It's just like wtf? tho.  Like the ops they show in this are so dumb.  I'm like, so this is supposed to be the best ops the us could put together.  Idk, it's a rental...but it would be a good rental...it's just not worth theatre viewing.  Tho the last nuclear bomb scene was actually pretty well done. 

This was pretty damn great.

Basically, A 24 season in the form of a 2h film where budhism terrorism takes the front seat in the plot.

Cast is having fun, action is BRUTAL, direction is tight, and Dylan O'Brien is very convincing as a action hero.

I d watch movie number 2 easily.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1