Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

13 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:
  Hide contents

Sean Young was on set, for a few days. She only spent one hour in front of the camera but enough to do the entire scene.

I don't think so :

Spoiler

Be careful before you click, Huge spoiler :

http://www.artofvfx.com/blade-runner-2049-richard-clegg-vfx-supervisor-mpc/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, it's not that clear cut (for me)

Reading this article, they seem to hint that Sean Young's head was first scanned and digitally recreated in 3D software de-aging her by scrutinizing her young likeness using BR 4K footage and old candid shots, then a stand-in actress performed on set so they can swap her head with the Sean Young CG de-aged copy animating her CG face using the stand-in performance.

That process seems to hint that Sean Young wasn't really needed on set since she had a stand-in to perform and they manually animated the CG de-aged recreation using that stand-in performance and not hers.

(Or maybe I missed something about blending Young's performance into the CG head on top of the stand-in body?!)

Do you have pics of Sean Young on set facing Ford to confirm?

Edit: Futurist beat me to it!

Edited by dashrendar44

Spoiler

The stand-in did the scene with Ford, but Sean Young herself was there and also shot the scene. So she is part of the CGI blob that created Rachel in the movie. And Rachel did look amazing and "normal" (unlike the monsters of Rogue One). In fact, the re-creation was so good that it was almost unethical. It won't be long before Marilyn Monroe stars in a new movie!

http://www.animationmagazine.net/vfx/mpc-leads-the-digital-human-race-with-blade-runner-2049-breakthrough/

During the shoot, MPC’s onset team also captured videogrammetry of the performance using Dimensional Imaging’s DI4D capture rig. They captured Sean Young and the body double, who both, directed by Denis, reenacted the performance for every shot. At the same time, they also took MPC’s FACS capture kit to capture an array of facial poses and expressions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/20/sean-young-alleges-harvey-weinstein-flashed-reveals-blade-runner/

Young also revealed the details behind her CGI-assisted cameo in Blade Runner 2049, in which Jared Leto unveils a lookalike of Young's replicant character Rachael. Young revealed that she was on set during filming, but that the experience left her feeling like a "dinosaur".

"I got paid, I got flown out there," she said. "I think honestly it was an Alcon Entertainment insurance policy, because I think to not put me in the movie would be kind of strange. And I'm not, in my personal opinion, in it enough, [because] the whole storyline is about my character from the original.

"I was there in Budapest for about three days. But it was kind of strange – it did end up making me feel a little like a dinosaur, because I got there and it really ended up that my job was to sit next to Denis Villeneuve, the director, and watch as the shoot was going on. And then I worked about an hour in front of the camera... doing facial expressions so that they could CGI it later."

• Like 1

Based on numbers so far from China it seems like BR is not gonna too well there. I see around 30-35. Perhaps even lower. 

Seems like it might not make it to 250 ww (unless it explodes in Japan)

Correction - It probably might not even get to 30 in China. 20 is more likely based on its horrible OD

Edited by ZeeSoh

5 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Based on numbers so far from China it seems like BR is not gonna too well there. I see around 30-35. Perhaps even lower. 

Correction - It probably might not even get to 30 in China. 20 is more likely based on its horrible OD

BR2049 in China will be under $15M...

And I have very interesting story about BR2049 in China. Maybe I will share with you later.

• Like 1

Hi all! I am new here, it's fun to follow box office numbers sometimes :)

That is such poor numbers in China :( So much worse than Geostorm too.

It topped Friday in Japan, and should have decent opening there. BR is a well known IP in Japan, though it's not going to save the WW box office sadly. 

Edit: It's interesting to see how different markets have reacted to this movie. BR2049 has done relatively well or in line with expectations in markets like the UK, the rest of Western Europe, whereas it failed miserably in places like China, South Korea, and under performed in North America. I am curious to see if there is a difference in Box Office between Canada and the US, since the director and one of the stars is from Canada. 

Also interesting to compare the box office with A:C as well. Though the Alien movies have always been a draw. 

Edited by Mats
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2017 at 3:47 PM, ZeeSoh said:

This will probably end at around 11-11.5 in China in the end. Will most likely miss the 250 mark worldwide as well. 

A beautiful bore that I'm still thinking about a day later. It's got some issues, but I'm anxious to watch it again down the line. Also, I could immediately understand why the general public wouldn't go for this. If you're an average moviegoer with no vested interest and already slightly bored from the start, you are in deep shit with that pace and length.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

:( 

Not sure how accurate it is, but that would go in my impression that both Sony/WB will not loose much if anything on that movie, 100% of the hit on the independant producer that took all the risk really here. And that why the number is so high I imagine, would not surprise me if Sony didn<t made a bit of a profit.

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Not sure how accurate it is, but that would go in my impression that both Sony/WB will not loose much if anything on that movie, 100% of the hit on the independant producer that took all the risk really here. And that why the number is so high I imagine, would not surprise me if Sony didn<t made a bit of a profit.

I suspect WB knew BR2049 might not click with audiences hence why they just distributed domestically.