Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Personally I loved Blade Runner, that is an opinion.

But it is strange to watch this if you didn't watch the first one. You will have no clue what's going on with Harrison Ford's character: FACT.

Is that any different than any singular film where a character doesn't have a backstory?

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Personally I loved Blade Runner, that is an opinion.

But it is strange to watch this if you didn't watch the first one. You will have no clue what's going on with Harrison Ford's character: FACT.

I think a quick scan of the blade runner Wikipedia page would poke holes in your fact.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

I actually just talked about this with my wife the other day. We were watching You've Got Mail, and I mentioned how happy I was that the generation that is OBSESSED with the Godfather is finally starting to die.

I think you might be waiting on that one.

• Like 4

Never understood the Citizen Kane hate. Even/especially by the standards of when it was made it zips along, has an engaging central mystery, compelling acting and witnessing the birth of so much technique that came to define modern cinema is exhilarating.

But then again, it is in black and white. :mellow:

• Like 8

Just remembered one film that came out the same year as Citizen Kane that both the old-movie skeptics and enthusiasts need to see: Hellzapoppin'. One way or another, that thing would blow everyone's fucking mind. 

• Like 1

I found Citizen Kane to be incredibly slow and dull, and the cinematography overrated. Yeah, whatever, "historical significance," I understand, but that doesn't make it amazing by today's standards. Don't @ me

--------

Searched through every legal streaming service and also my TV for any scheduled showings and Blade Runner doesn't appear to exist. Well, I tried.

2 minutes ago, Travod said:

I found Citizen Kane to be incredibly slow and dull, and the cinematography overrated. Yeah, whatever, "historical significance," I understand, but that doesn't make it amazing by today's standards. Don't @ me

--------

Searched through every legal streaming service and also my TV for any scheduled showings and Blade Runner doesn't appear to exist. Well, I tried.

It was on Netflix about a year ago. This is why digital renting and physical media are still important.

Image result for but that's none of my business

On an unrelated note, Tele, I recently watched the Black and Chrome Edition of Fury Road and it was... dumb? That movie thrives in part because of how beautiful the colors are, and despite everybody saying these black and white releases aren't just turning off color on people's TVs (and instead some long process where they decide what goes black and what goes white), that's really just what they look like lol.

Edited by Travod