Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I think people are going to be very happy with this movie. Hope it can get to around $150m domestic.  

Do you see it possibly breaking out beyond that? I mean, I'm more stoked for this than The Last Jedi. I can't be the only one feeling like that. Hoping it goes for something like $200m dom. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Do you see it possibly breaking out beyond that? I mean, I'm more stoked for this than The Last Jedi. I can't be the only one feeling like that. Hoping it goes for something like $200m dom. 

Same. I think it could be the best film this year. 

47 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

By 'people", I think you mean critics and movie buffs. I don't think general audience will feel much about a 163-min artsy film.

Plenty of long films have been successful so the runtime isn't going to hurt Blade Runner 2049 much if at all. 

If the film is good and watchable enough then this runtime will not matter much. It's not like this is some movie that was heading for 300 million domestic anyway. Denis Villeneuve is a fine director, I don't mind this contemplative sci-fi epic being super long.

21 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The Revenant says hi.

That movie s success is still a bit of a mystery to me.

The only thing I got was the Bear Rape articles that popped EVERYWHERE before the movie s release  created a huge awareness.

" Leonardo Dicaprio Raped by Bear in New movie The Revenant ? "

Even Disney can't buy that headline.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

By 'people", I think you mean critics and movie buffs. I don't think general audience will feel much about a 163-min artsy film.

Is that a confirmed runtime? Can't find anything on it.

Looking at some of the predictions here, O/U Tron Legacy might be a good club if anyone wants to open it.

Personally am not that optimistic. Thinking 70 on the lower end and 130 on the higher end.

• Like 1

When a movie is 2 hours 40 minutes long, it cannot get away being an average or just an okay film. But probably longer movies get the opportunity to say a more coherent story, at least that could be the conventional wisdom, and have a better chance of being a good film. So that is the bet they taking it seems. Tron Legacy btw was 125 minutes.