Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

19 hours ago, AndyK said:

The trailer was just on TV and it was.....dull.

Saw it again and... its as though the director watched the original and thought it was way too bright and colourful so decided to turn the lights down even further.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Saw it again and... its as though the director watched the original and thought it was way too bright and colourful so decided to turn the lights down even further.

It's a well known fact that the French director here is Half-man/Half-mole by birth - so he is VERY averse to bright light.

41 minutes ago, AndyK said:

This one actually looks much more colourful. The original was mostly just blue hues. very cold looking. We've already seen more than that just in the trailers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Steele131
  • Like 2

Denis makes a movie?  I'm hyped.  Blade Runner sequel?  I'm both hyped and concerned.  Combine them?  I'm fucking hyped who the fuck are you kidding, Denis is making a goddamn Blade Runner movie what the fuck is wrong with you?  At worst, it's gonna. E interesting, are you fucking kidding me?  Like, seriously people.  And really, it will NOT live up to the original, but why would you ever even think it would?  But it might be really good?  At worst, it'll look good.  Get the fuck on board!  There's no downside here people,as long as you're reasonable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kowhite said:

Denis makes a movie?  I'm hyped.  Blade Runner sequel?  I'm both hyped and concerned.  Combine them?  I'm fucking hyped who the fuck are you kidding, Denis is making a goddamn Blade Runner movie what the fuck is wrong with you?  At worst, it's gonna. E interesting, are you fucking kidding me?  Like, seriously people.  And really, it will NOT live up to the original, but why would you ever even think it would?  But it might be really good?  At worst, it'll look good.  Get the fuck on board!  There's no downside here people,as long as you're reasonable.

As long as you keep your expectations in check, it should be fine. It looks like it could be a solid sci-fi film at least, yada, yada.

The Good : Da God Deakins, Villeneuve, Gosling, Anna de Armas, Robin Wright, movies with thousands of CGI shots are always worth a look.

The Bad : Jared Leto, aging Ford, who wants that ?

The Ugly : Project was conceived by Ridley " My filmmaking skills have been reduced to playing with poo on Mars" Scott, he nearly directed it.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Good : Da God Deakins, Villeneuve, Gosling, Anna de Armas, Robin Wright, movies with thousands of CGI shots are always worth a look.

The Bad : Jared Leto, aging Ford, who wants that ?

The Ugly : Project was conceived by Ridley " My filmmaking skills have been reduced to playing with poo on Mars" Scott, he nearly directed it.

Harrison ford staring in blade running 2049... as Harrison ford

http://people.com/movies/jared-leto-blind-blade-runner-2049/

Jared Leto's Method Acting: How the Oscar Winner Went Blind for Entire Shoot of Blade Runner Sequel

That’s putting it mildly. The magazine reports that the Oscar winner wore customized contact lenses that made his eyes totally opaque. He was then guided around set the entire time and never saw his costars  — not even before or after takes.

“We all heard stories about Jared, how he transforms into the characters. But even this didn’t prepare me for what was to come,” director Denis Villeneuve said. 

giphy.gif

:sparta::wintf::gold:

Edited by The Futurist