Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

I'm still being a bit conservative for this, especially without any reviews to go off of, but I was a bit surprised this is skipping the festival circuit. I was sort of wanting to have some word of where reception would likely fall here. Still think mid-80s total sounds good.

21 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

I'm still being a bit conservative for this, especially without any reviews to go off of, but I was a bit surprised this is skipping the festival circuit. I was sort of wanting to have some word of where reception would likely fall here. Still think mid-80s total sounds good.

WB is selling this as a tentpole pic first and foremost. Reviews will land on the Sunday or Monday before release like all of their movies do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

WB is selling this as a tentpole pic first and foremost. Reviews will land on the Sunday or Monday before release like all of their movies do.

Exactly. They even held Dunkirk reviews to the Monday before. And I have no worries about the critical reception with the creative team involved. Villeneuve will deliver  

Hell for all we know it could open with 60-70mil. Remember IT and Wonder Woman's early tracking of 50mil and 65mil respectively? Yeah which of those movies opened with 50 or 65mil? No Blade Runner 2049 won't open over 100mil but this good, for the kind of film that it is, 40mil number can easily increase.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Hell for all we know it could open with 60-70mil. Remember IT and Wonder Woman's early tracking of 50mil and 65mil respectively? Yeah which of those movies opened with 50 or 65mil? No Blade Runner 2049 won't open over 100mil but this good, for the kind of film that it is, 40mil number can easily increase.

It's possible it'll increase but I don't think WB will be disappointed if it only does $40-45m OW 

40M? So much for Doom and gloom. Great for what kind of film it is. And I expect if reviews are good it will push push it higher, 50-60M. In the same range as Gravity and The Martian opened with in October. 

THR article also mentions its budget is at least 100M. I hope it's closer to that number than 150M

Edited by Steele131
  • Like 1