Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

10 hours ago, MrPink said:

I still think it wins Cinematography for sure. Just not seeing a Best Pic/Best Director nod right now. Got a better chance than mother! tho. :hahaha:

Sadness.

Cause I realize my two favorite movies of the year are mother! and fucking Blade Runner fukcong 2049.

Damn did they deliver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And to be honest, this is one of the very few movies I warn my friends not to watch it in theatre.

Too bad, one of my friend who watched it earlier on OD was late at warning me so I ended up wasting my time in the theatre.

Lol.

• Like 1

Ok i tried watching the Ford version of Blade Runner....10 mins into the movie and im like dozing off. 

I heard a lot of good things aboutt this flick. Will try watching it today and tomorrow :D  Just for the sake of watching BR:2049 because i loved his (Villeneuve) previous works!

Blade Runner is the masterpiece you are looking for.

Just watched it again in glorious Blu-Ray and the movie hasn't lost its evocative power 35 years on. 

Ridley Scott really directed 2 totem movies that changed everything, he ll always have that.

• Like 2

Rated this movie 8 personally but it is nowhere near a masterpiece or on par with the original and in fact after sleeping over it a few days its down to a 7. Same thing happened after force awakens after the nostalgia wore off

The main villain arc is incomplete 

There are no memorable quotes like in the original 

The original had a lot of metaphors whereas this simply answers everything unlike the original 

Deckard in this movie is different than the original in terms of his anxieties. This was like they put an Indiana Jones character as deckard in blade runner universe 

The feel of blade runner was non existent in all the scenes except the bridge and eating outside scene . rest was like it wasn't from the same universe 

The dialogue in original was of Shakespearian quality but here Jared Leto tries line after line none of them are memorable and some absurdly funny . 

In the original you could sense the anguish of the replicants yearning to be free but here that feeling was generic and completely not there 

My score has dropped after I saw it and in time I can say for sure others will too. The acting and visuals were stunning but everything else had issues 

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

Rated this movie 8 personally but it is nowhere near a masterpiece or on par with the original and in fact after sleeping over it a few days its down to a 7. Same thing happened after force awakens after the nostalgia wore off

The original had a lot of metaphors whereas this simply answers everything unlike the original 

Deckard in this movie is different than the original in terms of his anxieties. This was like they put an Indiana Jones character as deckard in blade runner universe 

The feel of blade runner was non existent in all the scenes except the bridge and eating outside scene . rest was like it wasn't from the same universe 

The dialogue in original was of Shakespearian quality but here Jared Leto tries line after line none of them are memorable and some absurdly funny . 

In the original you could sense the anguish of the replicants yearning to be free but here that feeling was generic and completely not there 

My score has dropped after I saw it and in time I can say others will too. The acting and visuals were stunning but everything else had issues 

Don't hold your breath.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

This Max Landis thread of tweets drop some truth bombs on why 2049 has tanked. It hurts, but it's the truth. 

The Joes & Janes of the world don't really like when a scene that could be done in 90 seconds last 7 minutes ?

Just a wild guess.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

My score has dropped after I saw it and in time I can say for sure others will too. The acting and visuals were stunning but everything else had issues 

>The main villain arc is incomplete

Huh, I thought he defeated the main villain?