Alpha

New CAYOM Game Website

• Community Manager

To me, demand doesn't matter. What does is surprise.I'm starting the game on January 1, 2013. My goal is five new members before that date.

Demand should matter. CAYOM is not fun unless there are enough people playing it.

• Community Manager

I'm thinking about advertising on the internet. The main goal of this site was to expand the playership from just forum users.

This game is fun because it's forum users. CAYOM is a game that requires community and a forum is the best way to do that.
  • Like 1

This game is fun because it's forum users. CAYOM is a game that requires community and a forum is the best way to do that.

You have a point there. But I also want to expand the community, and I feel that a website is better than a forum. Just my opinion :)

• Community Manager

You have a point there. But I also want to expand the community, and I feel that a website is better than a forum. Just my opinion :)

So let me get this straight. You joined these forums just a few days ago, came across CAYOM, and decided that you knew how to expand the community better than the people who have been running the game for numerous years? You haven't made a film in the current system yet. I suggest playing the game before trying to run your own version.
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight. You joined these forums just a few days ago, came across CAYOM, and decided that you knew how to expand the community better than the people who have been running the game for numerous years? You haven't made a film in the current system yet. I suggest playing the game before trying to run your own version.

Exactly. Year 5, which I currently have 4 films in, will be done by, let's say May-July ish, then I guess I'm fit for the job. I just created the site now so I could get attention early on.

• Community Manager

Exactly. Year 5, which I currently have 4 films in, will be done by, let's say May-July ish, then I guess I'm fit for the job. I just created the site now so I could get attention early on.

Year 5 should be done way before May/July. Year 4 lasted from August to October-that's three months. I think that you don't even how long a year should last is a sign that you're jumping the gun on this. I'm not entirely sure your motivation. Did you see the game and think it would be great if you had a game like that? Because frankly I'm not sure where your confidence that your the person fit for the job comes in when you haven't experienced a year of CAYOM yet.

The only reason certain Years go on for a while is because when not enough people show up to post their films on-time for Part 1, the entire year drags.If there are actually a good number of people participating and who participate puntcual enough, the Years move by smoothly.

Year 5 should be done way before May/July. Year 4 lasted from August to October-that's three months. I think that you don't even how long a year should last is a sign that you're jumping the gun on this. I'm not entirely sure your motivation. Did you see the game and think it would be great if you had a game like that? Because frankly I'm not sure where your confidence that your the person fit for the job comes in when you haven't experienced a year of CAYOM yet.

I just said, after Year 5 I'll start my CAYOM game on my site.