Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

We had this problem in the old CAYOM. I remember telling people one year to slow down. Which they didn't....

It's basically like a gold rush this year. Many people are coming with all these film ideas and filling up the schedule every week with a hopeful blockbuster. This will be a train wreck this year.

I really want to do this right now, so, here's a small little thing:

Who do you want to win on July 2-5? Hindenbrug or The Red Pyramid?

Hindenburg:

Red Pyramid: Etr906

And also...

Spellforce 3:

Dawn of Oblivion: Etr906

Choose!

New question.

Independence Day Weekend

or

December 17-19 Weekend

Which wins in awesomeness?

Which you guys were upset that it did better then that one "Masterpiece" by Creator ;)

If you're referring to Genesis, then I don't understand the sarcasm of this because Genesis had the 2nd best critical reception of any film that year, if you go by Critical Consensus. So...yeah.

Actually I was thinking of how it went from loved to not so loved anymore :lol:And it still did good ;)

No, only Numbers started to greatly dislike it, and so then people wanted to see it not win anything for whatever reason Numbers was able to influence that view for most people. I don't understand why that happened based off just one person's sudden change of heart, but it did. Still, the film averaged the 2nd best critical reception of any film that year and made all but Numbers' top 10.

Where? is an animated film coming out on March 26. I think we need an animated film in November because it looks like C00k left the game a while ago and had an animation on Thanksgiving ;)

Edited by etr906

etr905 buddy, I'm more than happy to engage in a box office war, actually I'd like that a lot, but besides that your approach is inappropriate. First of all, there's a thing called Advanced Schedule which includes all the blockbuster for the year, so you KNEW that Hindenburg is coming out that week, so for you to ask ME to move the film is ridiculous. Also the title says it all, it's not an adult film, it's appealing for all ages. Comparing it to Cloud Atlas is nothing short of insulting, looking at the release the date, the budget and the genre of the film. For that reason the ID release is utmost important for me, had that spot been taken earlier I would have delayed the release for next year. I don't see why you MUST release your film that week, but as I said before I have no problems if you do so, I would suggest to do otherwise merely for your film's sake. ;)

• Like 1

No, only Numbers started to greatly dislike it, and so then people wanted to see it not win anything for whatever reason Numbers was able to influence that view for most people. I don't understand why that happened based off just one person's sudden change of heart, but it did. Still, the film averaged the 2nd best critical reception of any film that year and made all but Numbers' top 10.

I'm a very persuasive guy? :ph34r:

and the genre of each movie should be in front of it in the calendar.

Not necessary for 2 reasons:1) The page of the thread the film is posted on is listed in the calendar, so it takes about 5 seconds to locate the film and discover its genre.2) If for whatever reason you don't want to do that, you can ask a question here and someone will answer.