Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT: The Red Pyramid is moving back to April 2!!!!

Announce that in the Year 5: Part 1 thread. I believe this is a smart move. The competition will be low.

Something involving a static electrical discharge has shut down my main laptop that has all my stuff on it and now it won't turn back on. Best case scenario is that something involving the battery got sparked and that needs to be fixed. Worst case scenario is that the motherboard or hard drive got fried somehow and everything on the computer is lost.In any event, I can't go get the computer checked out until next week so I am finished with Part 1. Any films I haven't completed already I will remove from the schedule.

Not to act like a vulture here, but...Chris Butler:#Great news, everyone! PSYCHONAUTS is coming even earlier now! The film is now set to be released on March 26th, Y5!

Wouldn't think about doing that, another animated comedy Where? is opening on the same day.

Numbers is removing it.

Already removed from the schedule.What scares me is the possibility that I have lost everything. EVERYTHING.That means some of the most acclaimed films in CAYOM 1.0 (and my best work) are now wiped from history forever. Hopefully that won't be the case.

I'm cursed with failing to complete certain films, First in the Nation being one of them. Every time I get close, some shit happens to neutralize my progress.Of course my turning into Electro and static-discharging my laptop into shutdown mode is escalation.

• Community Manager

I'm cursed with failing to complete certain films, First in the Nation being one of them. Every time I get close, some shit happens to neutralize my progress.Of course my turning into Electro and static-discharging my laptop into shutdown mode is escalation.

Might I recommend saving CAYOM films on Dropbox from now on?

Already removed from the schedule.What scares me is the possibility that I have lost everything. EVERYTHING.That means some of the most acclaimed films in CAYOM 1.0 (and my best work) are now wiped from history forever. Hopefully that won't be the case.

That sucks. I pray for you :)

Might I recommend saving CAYOM films on Dropbox from now on?

You might, though since my law school hands out free flash drives like Halloween candy I've accumulated enough to act as my new save tools.In terms of "future films," while the worst case scenario (comp is dead) means I lost everything, the only two future films it really kills are Specials and The Houseguest, both of which I tried to write for CAYOM 1.0 but got bogged down in but still have significant amounts written for them. Every other future film I intended to write for this game was either only casted (which I can easily replicate) or is an old film from 1.0 that needed a makeover/rewrite anyway so a fresh start in a way is better. So really it's more the history of CAYOM that is lost rather than my future efforts getting hurt.

Oh, that really sucks numbers. Is there anyway they can still retrieve the data on the harddrive?

I won't be able to get that laptop checked out until next week since I am going out of town over the weekend. Most likely not until Wednesday since I am usually busy on Mondays and Tuesdays. So I don't know how damaged it actually is yet.