Impact

CAYOM Year 5 Discussion

Creator finding an email containing Celluloid Heroes in it was awesome. One of the films I'm the most proud of and the fact it came out in CAYOM 1.0's last year was all the more fitting (since the film homages/parodies numerous 1.0 players, films, and characters from those films).Part 1 is now almost completely done and we can move onto reviews and predictions entirely!

Edited by 4815162342

The problem is that we have no place to release smaller movies.

I'm guessinf that's probably more of a stigma among people here against releasing smaller films against big blockbusters. But the truth is that releasing them on the same date doesn't actually hurt them much at all, provided of course you're not aiming for the same target audience. An example of a smaller movie that both opened and did well against a huge movie would be Mamma Mia against TDK.

If all these movies turn out to be blockbusters, we will have back to back weekends of over 60M openers from the end of April until late August.

Edited by CJohn

If all these movies turn out to be blockbusters, we will have back to back weekends of over 60M openers from the end of April until late August.

At least half of them won't get there. I'm fairly sure in that, no marketplace can sustain back to back to back 60 million openers.

Lets see if the person making the actuals remembers that :lol: Because going by their budgets/directors/stars/number of theaters, all of them look to be 60M openers.

Edited by CJohn

I think we have a lot of aspiring blockbusters but not excessively so. I think some will fail and some will do middling results and some will be as big as hoped for.

I think it all depends on release date. Red Pyramid is bejng released April 2. It won't have big competition until Oro on April 30.

Finally, a nice comment from Alfred :PAnyways, wasn't Part 2 supposed to begin today? I started a thread but no one's responding.

We generally go through reviews first and that sort of stuff before people start making predictions.