Neo

Phase 3 (CA3 - 5/6/2016) Marvel Dates 5 Mystery Movies

Catching up on threads I've not looked at in some time. These little gems abound across the site. 

With Feige saying a Black Widow film isn't imminent for ______ reasons(s) could a leading factor be she'll be taking time off to be a mom for at minimum 4-6 months? She's clearly the most set up and recognizable female superhero with audiences that they debatably would turn out for. Lucy happened, that can't be ignored. 

With Ant-Man filming Phase 3 is officially off and running.

Dr.Strange has a director and they are actively casting the lead so it's plain that it's an early P3 film on the slate...but when?

Cap 3 has an official date.

Thor 3 has it's script in development despite not being officially green lighted.

GotG2 is a lock.

Avengers 3 is a given.

They've expanded to more films for P3 so which characters are they??? Black Panther, Inhumans, Hulk2, Black Widow, Nova ???

It's time to release the whole slate of films like they've done in the past. 

8/23/2013 Feige said there are 4 slots left for Phase 3 as of this date we had Ant-Man set that eventually moved dates. 1) CA3; 2016 2) Dr. Strange; 2016 3) GOTG2; 2017 then 2 more 2017 movies and then the May 4, 2018 movie (The Avengers 3) ending Phase 3. So its a total of 7 if the May 4 date is Avengers 3 so Feige since August 2013 added 2 more movies to the slate.

I'm still a little confused... Is Ant-Man "officially" part of Phase 3? Or is it considered a Phase 2 movie? It comes after AOU, but Cap3 seems to be what's being considered as the start of Phase 3...  :unsure:

I'm still a little confused... Is Ant-Man "officially" part of Phase 3? Or is it considered a Phase 2 movie? It comes after AOU, but Cap3 seems to be what's being considered as the start of Phase 3...  :unsure:

Feige said Ant-Man is the end of phase 2 and Civil War the beginning of phase 3. I'm not sure if this means they're giving up on Ant-Man already or what but I really hope they're not.

Feige said Ant-Man is the end of phase 2 and Civil War the beginning of phase 3. I'm not sure if this means they're giving up on Ant-Man already or what but I really hope they're not.

I think Ant-Man could have been a pity project. Was supposed to go in 2006 with Wright but took 8 years to get going.

• Community Manager

Ant Man according to the MCU wiki takes place at the same time as Age of Ultron.

I think it has more to do with Civil War being such a major event that it has to open the new phase. It makes more sense from a story perspective to have that be the first chapter.