SchumacherFTW

Settle an arguement: Avatar vs Prometheus

I'm curious for people's opinions on this, my friend is championing Prometheus and I'm championing Avatar. I believe that Avatar is a fantastic film that is always fun to watch with an engaging story and characters you care about, while I think Prometheus is deeply flawed and full of unlikable characters. My friend believes that Prometheus is a challenging and engaging film that is left with you afterwards, while Avatar is a flimsy plotted film coated by gimmicks such as VFX and 3D.I'm curious to hear what you guys think about this.

avatarbut nothing wrong with either, i love that in avatar jake sully reinvents himself and gets another chance to live a new life/start over on a planet where indigenous people were more in tune with nature, had a deep symbiotic relationship with it and unlike humans from earth did not feel the driving need to master his surroundings and fashioned it to his liking thus destroying itin prometheus i liked the fact they went searching for our origins deep into space (methodology and logic of characters is another question which i liked less) and that the fact is maybe we wouldnt like the answers we got as they wouldnt fit in to our mystical ideal dunno...even after all that happened she never deviated from wanting to know and thus went in search of them

Yeah, Avatar, only because it was more entertaining. Prometheus raised(but did not answer) more questions, but other than a couple of scenes, was relatively boring when compared to Avatar. Even though Avatar was not extremely original, originality & thought provoking is not better by default.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

Prometheus is growing on me by every day that passes. For every day that passes I dislike Avatar a bit more. So I prefer Prometheus.

I saw Avatar 5 times in the theater(thats more than any other movie for me), and I can't really sit through it anymore. It hasn't aged that well and I think it needs a much bolder sequel to change that. Prometheus achieved what it set out to do very well IMO. The opening scene killed all preconceived notions of an Alien prequel and I never felt like it was trying to be one after that. It kinda feels a lot like 2001 in that it feels kinda new everytime I watch it due to all the ambiguity.Also:Michael Fassbender > Sam WorthingtonNoomi Rapace > Zoe SaldanaAnd the cocky Steve Irwin snake petting biologist rules. You know it.
  • Like 1

Avatar is awesome. Prometeus is garbage that was supposed to be awesome cause it had so much going for it. But what a stupid fuckin movie and boring as hell too. Fassy rocked, though.For exmaple, Avatar and Prometheus have the same lelel of high tech, but while you see in Avatar why high tech couldn`t win against more primitively armed oppontent (they know territory, banded together, Eywa send animals into attack, Dilip Rao was spying for Jake&co), I don`t know how the fuck Prometheus crew couldn`t do shit with so much technology giving them advantage. They were simply behaving stupid.

Edited by fishnets