baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

Looks like Paranormal Activity 4 will score around $4.5 million right out of the gate. That’s in line with Hollywood’s estimates for a $35M-$40M opening weekend which is more in line with PA2‘s hefty debut of $40.7M than PA3‘s even huger release of $52.6M.

I think she meant both which would kinda bad.

Edited by iTz Only ED

From guru in 2011:

Activity 3 kicked off its record scare with $26.3M on Friday including $8M from Thursday night's 10pm and midnight shows

There's absolutely no way one could say a 40M plus weekend is a disappointment on the shoestring budget this cost to make.. Count on a 5th movie next Halloween and probably the finale of this particular storyline, then the Latino Activity will play out... Plus, every review I've read said the last 10 minutes of PA4 is the best..

If the 4.5 midnights follows the same trajectory of the third, then that means it would only gross 30 mill for the weekend. I don't think it will be that low, but still, this is not a good start at all.

It'll be classified as a hit by sunday and be more for the fans.. Again, when you make something like this for roughly 10M, it's impossible to bomb..

I'm not disagreeing with you at all but the marketing budget is closer to 25 mill than 10. It's still going to be a massive hit, no doubt, but this midnight number is indicative of the anger towards 3 that some of us felt.

What is the midnight gross for this? Some say 4.5M, the title says "much lower than 3", and Boxoffice.com says the midnights aren't in yet.

I mean much lower than prt 3.

So those are 9PM showings, not midnights? :S I'm confused

You are confusing yourself. Just read this:4.5 mill is for Thursday shows before midnight AND for midnight shows. Make sense?

If Paramount says this 4.5 is only for early shows then that is good....hopefully midnights are not with this....btu according to Nikki, the 4.5 is for all shows.

You are confusing yourself. Just read this:4.5 mill is for Thursday shows before midnight AND for midnight shows. Make sense?

BO.com says its only for Thursday night.