baumer

Weekend numbers Oct 19-21

You clearly missed the point.

I am merely stating the fact that you can't say a movie sucks based on it's gross. Those movies didn't make any when they first came out and I am sure there were many people like you that shit all over them because other movies made more than them.

I got your point, but the movies you gave as examples are by no means in the same category as Perks. Those movies did just fine in the same amount of theaters, and with far cheaper ticket prices. Perks, on the other hand, is doing terribly, and is not going to reach what a movie 30 years ago could reach in the same amount of theaters and with much cheaper tickets (meaning it's harder to accumulate such a big gross). Perks has it easy, and it's still failing.

Show me a film that made $7m-$9m (adjusted) in its theatrical release that is heralded nowadays as a classic or even a cult hit. You won't be able to find one that doesn't put Perks on par with b-movies like Maniac Cop.

Whoever said PA4 opening to $30m is worse than Expendables 2 doing less than first film OW is a moron. Think it was This Is Ed or something.I don't see Expendables 3 opening to $52.6m nevermind Expendables 4 opening to $30m. So be gone.

It's the fact that to anyone with some taste in fine films I could name easily 50 films that I think objectively that are better acted, made, written, directed, and click better and at least 100 if not 200 or more films I've personally liked better than Shawshank.

Yeah, y'know those films you say are objectively better than Shawshank? They're not. Pretty much everything about film is subjective. And yes, I personally don't think Shawshank is the best movie ever but I know plenty of people that do.

Algren wont ever see Perks, because it has " dirty, limp-wristed homos" in it.

I think him gating this movie so violently is kinda pathetic

I will see it if I get the chance. I went to the cinema to see Brokeback Mountain. Good film too. It's "kinda pathetic" that you can't see past a stereotype of a homophobe.

Whoever said PA4 opening to $30m is worse than Expendables 2 doing less than first film OW is a moron. Think it was This Is Ed or something.I don't see Expendables 3 opening to $52.6m nevermind Expendables 4 opening to $30m. So be gone.

I may be wrong here, but I personally haven't seen anyone compare those two movies or even speak about them in the same post.