55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade ET

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Great as a kid, incredibly boring as an adult. I watched it last year for the first time since I was a kid and I almost couldn't tolerate it. I do think it was good for the 80s, but definitely does not stand up to the test of time.B/B-

There's a reason this film made a billion dollars in today's money. And that's because it touched people. ET was about being alone and finding someone who was just as alone as we are. I'm not sure if people are just too jaded today or if loneliness isn't abig deal to most people anymore but in the 80's it was. ET will never lose it's innocence to those of us who love it. I still get teary eyed to this day watching it.

There's a reason this film made a billion dollars in today's money. And that's because it touched people. ET was about being alone and finding someone who was just as alone as we are. I'm not sure if people are just too jaded today or if loneliness isn't abig deal to most people anymore but in the 80's it was. ET will never lose it's innocence to those of us who love it. I still get teary eyed to this day watching it.

LOL, loneliness isn't a generational thing, baumer. We all have felt or feel lonely.

LOL, loneliness isn't a generational thing, baumer. We all have felt or feel lonely.

Maybe. Or maybe you guys of this generation don't feel it the same. Between video games, on line gaming, Facebook, Twitter and personal data devices, you are never really alone. There's so much more to do today than there was 30 years ago. So maybe there is some merit to it.

It was the "highest grossing movie ever worldwide" in it's time.Ten years later Spielberg topped it with JP.Star Wars, E.T., JP, Titanic and Avatar are all in the same league.If some posters don't understand that or don't like to movie, so what.

• Like 3

It's however a movie that seems not to be very popular on TV anymore, at least where I live. SW or Indiana Jones re-runs still deliver good ratings. I guess they even show GWTW more often than E.T. on TV. So I somehow understand why many people underestimate it today.

So to sappy for me. The kids in the movie are terrible.  E.T. was just so fucking stupid. How well was he allowed to leave his home planet. The is too outdated and is just made for children. I didn't see this movie until I was late teenage and I could not believe this movie is a classic.

0.5/5