55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade ET

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

So to sappy for me. The kids in the movie are terrible.  E.T. was just so fucking stupid. How well was he allowed to leave his home planet. The is too outdated and is just made for children. I didn't see this movie until I was late teenage and I could not believe this movie is a classic.

0.5/5

True Story...

Im 17 walking down the stairs, my mom and sister (7 at the time) are watching ET. So I sit on the stairs... An hour later, Im still on the stairs crying, I look over and my little sister is literally BALLING her eyes out like shes not tall enough to ride the roller coaster, she just keeps asking "they see each other again right"?! I look over and my mom is already looking at me weeping.  

THE BERG bringing families together. 

A (94)

• Like 4

I find it interesting how many younger people of this generation don't connect to it.  I don't remember anyone not connecting with it when I was a kid.  Different times.

• Like 6

So to sappy for me. The kids in the movie are terrible.  E.T. was just so fucking stupid. How well was he allowed to leave his home planet. The is too outdated and is just made for children. I didn't see this movie until I was late teenage and I could not believe this movie is a classic.

0.5/5

You are dead to me. Bye bye!

d-rooooooooop.gif?w=650

There are people that actually dislike E.T ? Damn I have seen everything on the internet now . Anyway I was one of the people that watched it in its initial release in the cinemas and it was an amasing experience . The best family/children's movie ever by a landslide . Hell one of my favorite movies ever, the thing, flopped because of E.T but how can you dislike E.T ? Spielberg was on fire and the child actors were great , contrary to what some people say . How can you not love Drew Barrymore in this film ?

• Like 3

The last time I watched this I was waiting for my taxi in NYC to drive me to the airport after I finished packing early... I left NY and the USA after working there for a year and was obviously quite sad. Needless to say, the ending of the movie didn't improve my condition.

A... classic.

(BTW, I find it a bit weird how the word "over-rated" could ever apply to a movie that is almost universally perceived as a classic. One might personally not like it or think it is garbage etc - but that is not the same as saying it is over-rated. On the other hand... when people call a movie this old over-rated, it probably has reached classic level. ^^)

Edited by ShouldIBeHere
  • Like 2

I find it interesting how many younger people of this generation don't connect to it.  I don't remember anyone not connecting with it when I was a kid.  Different times.

I remember a lot of kids loving E.T. when I was younger even though we definitely missed it by several years. It's a classic, plain and simple. A+.

• Like 2

Imagine the adulation for Spielberg on this site if it was '82 and he was coming off Jaws, Close Encounters, Raiders and E.T. People think people get out of hand with here Nolan. I can't even imagine Spielberg in his prime with this site existing...

It wouldn't be anywhere near that same.  Those are four very different and original movies.  Spielberg has absolutely incredible range as a director and has done damn near anything.  Almost half of Nolan's filmography are Batman movies!

TDK is Nolan's biggest blessing and biggest curse.  It gave us a brilliant performance, a really good movie, and lead to Inception getting made.

But, it had the unfortunate side effect of having an incredible amount of people that can't see or think straight, latch on to him like he really is a God and can do now wrong.

• Like 3