kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

No, they really don't.

You expect a buttload of 2010's kids and adults who grew up in the 2000's to see Mockingjay 2? And you expect a lot of hardcore book fans and more serious audiences to be at Finding Dory?

• Like 1

You expect a buttload of 2010's kids and adults who grew up in the 2000's to see Mockingjay 2? And you expect a lot of hardcore book fans and more serious audiences to be at Finding Dory?

I think there are a lot of fans of both so yes I think they will hurt each other and your going to lose our FD bet lol

When those "hardcore book fans" are the same people who were children when Finding Nemo was released, yes.

• Like 1

When those "hardcore book fans" are the same people who were children when Finding Nemo was released, yes.

Then why doesn't Mockingjay pack up and move then? MJ2 will not be like the TA, its not going to steamroll everything after it. Not saying FD will either, but that has a more universal audience. With or without competition, I have a hard time seeing MJ2 go past $400M regardless. MJ2 will be darker, more serious (around happy Holidays), and the first was still a novelty so can't assume that people who saw it begin will care to see it end. If one is going to get hurt so bad, I don't see how its not MJ2. All this "MJ2 is going to destroy little Dory so it needs to pack up to Summer 2016" is the biggest bull.

Then why doesn't Mockingjay pack up and move then? MJ2 will not be like the TA, its not going to steamroll everything after it. Not saying FD will either, but that has a more universal audience. With or without competition, I have a hard time seeing MJ2 go past $400M regardless. MJ2 will be darker, more serious (around happy Holidays), and the first was still a novelty so can't assume that people who saw it begin will care to see it end. If one is going to get hurt so bad, I don't see how its not MJ2. All this "MJ2 is going to destroy little Dory so it needs to pack up to Summer 2016" is the biggest bull.

I want MJ2 to move cause I think FD and Skyfall will hurt it to a degree. Just move it to December.
  • Like 1

Bump. Phew what a mission it was to get this un-deleted, you guys don't even know.

Anyway back to the topic, I wonder how Mockingjay 2 would do if it was released December 18th, between Alvin 4 (Dec. 11) and KFP 3 (Dec. 23). KFP 3 might have some overlap with MJ 2 but it would be completely safe from Alvin 4. Maybe it'll even have a 3x multiplier which would be unprecedented for a young adult fan-driven franchise.

November 13th is still vacant so I imagine either Peanuts or Ant-Man will move to that slot, wouldn't be surprised,Another possible slot for Ant Man is December 18th, I think Disney needs to secure a slot before another studio like WB gets that slot for something like MoS 2 or a solo DC film.

3 movies in one weekend is a bit much.

There's no way MJ2 is going to move, Lionsgate already has each movie put into place for a reason. They won't budge. I see either Ant-man (since it's not a big film, yet and can afford to move) or FD moving.

Would move if DIS replaced Ant-Man with SW and Dory with TA2.