Captain Craig

What non-obvious character should Warners try?

I strictly mean of the superhero set here. I realize Warners has done Constantine, V for Vendetta and League of Extraordinary Gentelman. Watchmen kinda almost counts as superhero set but it also isn't part of the what I mean in the thread title.

So Marvel is doing Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, those are not instantly go to characters despite Ant-Man's role as a founding Avenger. Considering their library and knowing they have Blade and Punisher back but also have such variety as Black Panther, Dr.Strange, Moon Knight, Iron Fist and others GotG and A-M are a surprise. Regardless if the gamble pays off I'm liking the surprise.

So what B/C list characters might you consider for Warners to attempt as a solo film. For the purpose of trying to be on the same page my idea of A-list is any character that is a JLA member or immediate substitue. Not seen as up for this discussion imo: Supes, Bats, WW, GL(any of the big 4), Flash(either of the big 3), Aquaman, Captain Marvel aka Shazam, Green Arrow and Hawkman. Those are my biggest of the big A-listers imo.

My suggestion would be to perhaps try something more street level to separate yourself from looking like you might be out right copying Marvel Studios. I omitted Martian Manhunter cause he's only A-list in the sense he's always part of the JLA, outside that he's not imo. Which means I think he's ripe for a solo film utilizing his private eye, street level alter ego to humanize him to an audience that won't know him. Martian ManhunterThe QuestionVixenBlack Lighting Plastic ManSo those are a few of mine. I would like to say that while it's not often done I do think a Plastic Man with a more serious approach but while retaining some humor would work really well. It would be a fine line I admit but for a few stories Morrison in the '90s did a team up story where it took Plas and Batman alone to save the League and his take on Eel O'Brien was very serious cause Plas knew the stakes were high and he treated it as such.

I want Aquaman Trilogy so bad. a version where he's king of Atlantis, partially because under-water would be so hard to believably pull off, but imagine if they did? it could be avatar breath taking.oh but I guess he's a a-list character.. so I think Dr. Fate could be pretty cool or a Teen Titans film.

Edited by Kalo21

Good luck every getting Wonder Woman ever made!I swear its the Atuk of comic book films!

why you say that? wonder women is probably one of the first films they would do. it's high time a female superhero got a proper film of their own.

Non-obvious guys, WW and Aquaman are obvious choices, IMO.I personally loved Roger Stern's version of Starman. Although the costume was corny, a story of some regular Joe Schmo who gets zapped with Superman like powers appeals to me. He'd resonate more than Superman, anyway. And Eclipso would be an awesome villain on screen.Other than that, the original Doom Patrol could be interesting.The problem with DC's characters is that the classics are pretty hokey. And even though they have modernized versions, they wouldn't appeal to all ages. Marvel has a distinct advantage as it's just easier to adapt them to give them modern appeal since Stan and friends were ahead of their time back then.I'm assuming most have seen TDKR by now, but this could be a spoiler to some:

My ultimate dream would be Nightwing starring JGL. They already set up something in TDKR. I know Nolan won't come anywhere near it, but I still think it could do well if marketed properly and with a good script/director.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

• Community Manager

why you say that? wonder women is probably one of the first films they would do. it's high time a female superhero got a proper film of their own.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has been able to adapt Wonder Woman in live action format. They keep trying and they keep failing. Turns out Hollywood doesn't know how to write for her.
  • Like 1

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has been able to adapt Wonder Woman in live action format. They keep trying and they keep failing. Turns out Hollywood doesn't know how to write for her.

they never even got a film out though, she was one of the best characters in the Justice League cartoon imo. I know it would be really hard to make a good adaption, but if they do it right, it could be one of my favorite super hero films, WW is probably my 5th or 6th favorite superhero so you can kind of see why I want her to have a film of her own.