The Toymaker

Do you want to see James Bond portrayed with a different ethnicity?

Do you want a black James Bond?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a black James Bond?

2. 2. Do you think that a black Bond would make 007 bomb at the box office?

You gave me a warning for abusive behaviour on this thread. Why exactly? We're you just bored something?

Yup, because I just pick people at random. It's fun. Whoo hoo. :mellow:You know why, you told someone to "F*** off" and if you have a problem with it, you can PM one of the admins. ;)

This thread is a fucking disaster. It was started with a false dichotomy (you either want Bond to stay "pure" (i.e. white) or you want to turn him black), meaning that anyone with the perfectly rational opinion of NOT GIVING A FUCK is "politically correct." What the HELL does that even mean? We are somehow committing an act of 'censorship' or discriminating against white people if we seriously, in all honesty, couldn't care less about the character's race? I can understand the viewpoint that the source material should be considered, but some things being said in this thread are pretty...questionable, and you don't have to be in the "PC" crowd (not that political correctness as a term actually means a goddamn thing anymore) to see it.

There are, but they are not English. They are either visitors, illegal immigrants, or British. Definitely not English.

What a load of garbage. This doesn't even make sense.

English people are not black. The only part of Bond's character that suits the black man is the adultery/casual sex part.

What the FUCK?

Edited by Sims
  • Like 2

Yup, because I just pick people at random. It's fun. Whoo hoo. :mellow:You know why, you told someone to "F*** off" and if you have a problem with it, you can PM one of the admins. ;)

I didn't tell anyone to fuck off, i'm guessing you did it because I didn't agree with a black bond, how very mature of you. Edited by Jessie

Absurd for the same reason we don't have a Women Bond even if she acted as a man. LOL

Until just now I thought it was just a few guys on this forum that brought it up, but Naomie Harris has mentioned it too, and Idris Elba met with Barbara Broccoli. Here's what she said:"I didn’t realize that there was this talk and then I did a film with Idris [Elba] and he said that he met Barbara Broccoli [James Bond producer] and that it does seem like there is a possibility in the future that there could very well be a black James Bond. And I would have to vote for Idris because I just finished working with him and he’s a great guy" 

Edited by mikoers

Why does Bond have to be a black guy? This forum is racist, how about a Chinese Guy or an indian, they are usually suave and charming to play Bond. Oh dear! is there still a 'damn slavery' apologist mentality here. I personally think the idea is Absurd as JB is based on a cold war spy and there weren't any black ones at that time maybe not even now. I imagine traditional JB fans will be up in arms over the idea. There are too many black actors out there already who are allocated acting parts instead of casted for them. Will it bomb? Maybe not in Africa or the West indies, but they will have a good laugh over there.

Why does Bond have to be a black guy? This forum is racist, how about a Chinese Guy or an indian, they are usually suave and charming to play Bond. Oh dear! is there still a 'damn slavery' apologist mentality here. I personally think the idea is Absurd as JB is based on a cold war spy and there weren't any black ones at that time maybe not even now. I imagine traditional JB fans will be up in arms over the idea. There are too many black actors out there already who are allocated acting parts instead of casted for them. Will it bomb? Maybe not in Africa or the West indies, but they will have a good laugh over there.

Yeah. Chinese, Indian, whatever decent, simply don't care. As long as he is British and has the traits of Bond I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

Edited by Phil in the Hobbit
  • Like 1

Yeah. Chinese, Indian, whatever decent, simply don't care. As long as he is British and has the traits of Bond I honestly couldn't give a fuck.

Oh man, like 5 Chinese James Bond jokes just popped up in my head.  Lets just put it this way without getting into any details... Bond girls like big things.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, dudalb said:

I don't mind a black James Bond as long as he stays British.

That and stay a man, which might sound reductive but the character (for better or worse) is a masculine fantasy projection.