3 members have voted

1. 1. Discuss

I was very entertained by this. The production values were shockingly decent and the shark kills and scenes were very well done. There are two very gruesome death and that added to the enjoyment of the film.The plot is something like this (from the BR description)A freak tsunami slams into the Australian coast, stranding a group of suddenly interconnected people, most of them strangers, into a flooded supermarket that quickly becomes the roaming spot for a hungry Great White shark. Josh (Xavier Samuel) was once engaged to Tina (Sharni Vinson) but a tragedy has torn them apart. She's recently returned to Australia with a new man in tow after an extended stay in Singapore. Ryan (Alex Russell) has just been fired from the store. His eleven-month-long girlfriend Jamie (Phoebe Tonkin) is a kleptomaniac who would be in deep trouble with the law if her father wasn't a cop. Doyle (Julian McMahon) and his partner have plans to hold up the store. The robbery turns deadly moments before the waters come crashing through. Now, these and other tsunami survivors must figure out how to work together to both make their suddenly dangerous environment safe while keeping out of the hungry jaws of one big shark. While not terribly suspenseful, it still packs a bit of a punch. I would put this on par with a film like Deep Blue Sea. One of the things about DBS that I didn't care for all that much was some of the CGI. That is really a strong point of the film. There is some great shots of the shark in this film and it does not look to be CGI at all. It looks like they might have made a model, and even if they didn't, it looks real enough.I'm a sucker for any shark movie and I have seen my share of them. This is a good addition to the genre.7/10