A Marvel Fanboy

Best Sci-fi movies of all time (post your top 10)

Best sci-fi of all time for me is either 2001: A Space Odyssey or Terminator 2

Can't really do a Top10 because it's hard to compare, but other all time greats for me are (in no paticular order)

The Matrix

The Terminator

Gattaca

Star Wars OT

Alien & Aliens

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

I noticed The Truman Show on a few lists and it's a great film but the way television is these days, the fiction line is getting blurred.My listStar Wars (series)Blade RunnerTerminator 1 and 2Alien and AliensAvatarForbidden Planet

In order of year released:2001Star WarsClose EncountersEmpire Strikes BackBlade RunnerAliensThe AbyssT212 MonkeysDistrict 9SUNSHINE is up there too, along with STALKER and BRAZIL and THE MATRIX and ROBOCOP and possibly AVATAR. Anyone interested in science fiction should also check out DESTINATION MOON (for a movie that came out 18 years before Apollo 11 and even before Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin, it's pretty damn accurate), FORBIDDEN PLANET, and of course METROPOLIS.

Edited by Telemachos

1. WALL-E

2. Star Wars: A New Hope

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

5. E.T. The Extraterrestrial

6. Blade Runner

7. Inception

8. War of the Worlds (2005)

9. 2001: A Space Odissey

10. The Matrix

I had forgotten Close Encounters of the Third Kind... unforgivable :wacko:

My top sci-fi films :

1. Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind

2. The Incredibles

3. Moon

4. Jurassic Park

5. Back To The Future 2

6. Star Wars 1

7. Robocop

8. Terminator 2

9. District 9

10. Back To The Future 3

+

My most disliked sci-fi films :

1. Akira

2. Both X Files films

3. 2001

4. Time Machine

5. The Fifth Element

6. Tetsuo The Iron Man

7. Inception

8. Donnie Darko

9. Blade Runner

10. Matrix 3

MOVIES THAT I'VE BEEN TEMPTED/RECOMMENDED TO SEE IN THE PAST BUT WILL NOT, EVER :

Videodrome, Metropolis, 12 Monkeys, ALL TARKOVSKY SCI-FI FILMS.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey2. The Empire Strikes Back3. A Clockwork Orange4. Stalker5. Star Wars6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind7. A.I. Artificial Intelligence8. Solaris (1972)9. The Cell10. Akira-----------------------------------------------------------------11. Alien12. WALL-E13. Alphaville14. Fahrenheit 45115. Revenge of the Sith

Inception has to be one of them.The Island, I really like.A New Hope, the rest, especially the prequels are laughable to be on lists.Sunshine is really good.I, Robot is another I can watch anytime.Moon is fantastic.Aliens, another.Super 8 is great.Serenity, Knowing, Source Code, Rise of the Apes, Truman Show, 12 Monkeys, Dark City, Star Trek, V for Vendetta, Daybreakers, Avatar etc etc I don't know so many things have sci-fi elements it's hard to really separate and make a list.All I know is I still have to see a couple; Blade Runner, 200, Gattaca etc.

• Like 1

1. Back to the Future 2. Terminator 1 and 2 3. Alien and Aliens4. Jurassic Park5. Blade Runner6. The Abyss7. Star Wars8. ET9. Contact10. Close EncountersHonorable mention: Star Trek (all series)Basically my list is dominated by Zemeckis, Ridley, Cameron, Spielberg and Lucas.Other good ones: Super 8, Children of Men, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Moon, Clockwork Orange, 2001:ASOOverrated: PrimerI find alot of new sci-fi films lack heart which is probably why I liked Super 8 so much, it was a throwback.

• Like 1