Jump to content

Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

#ED

Star Wars: The Last Jedi | December 15, 2017 | TRAILER IS OUT | TICKETS SELLING FAST | BEST FRANCHISE EVER

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I think we get a trailer in October with another Monday night NFL game 

Same...I think it's fun when studios drop big trailers on television so everyone within the continental US can get excited all at once. Better than hovering over a computer screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if it follows TFA marketing, it's going to be October. We should expect Empire cover soon, though. They revealed Thor cover on Aug 7, 3 days before hitting newsstands. So if SW is their September cover, that should be announced early September. 

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2017 at 9:01 AM, Noodlebug said:

Is anyone else feeling that this might dip a bit harder than expected? My previous expectations put this around the halfway mark between RO and TFA, $725M-ish, but given how massive TFA was and that it acted almost like the original film in sheer dominance at the box office, I think the sequel drop will be fairly significant this time around.

 

ESB dropped around 32% from the original and AOTC dropped 30% from TPM. If TLJ drops in a similar range, lets say 31%, that puts it right at $645.8M, which I am almost certain it will end within $25M of.

 

215M/670M is my new prediction. I'd love to be wrong, but an AOU type of drop seems likely, both OW and total DOM gross.

hmm, no one seems to want to entertain the idea of a sub-200M OW, so predictions have relatively low multipliers. I think a drop around AOU is possible, while TLJ could very well be a far superior film than AOU, TFA I believe was simply more hyped and more of a "once in a generation" event than Avengers (which was a phenomenon itself). The gap between TFA and TLJ will be reflecting that massive difference in level of anticipation.

Worldwide is also interesting, I frequently see people throwing around 1.75 to 1.8B WW numbers. TLJ could get there, if it has a typical drop domestically and no drop overseas, which is simply impossible. 1.35-1.4 B WW seems much more plausible to me, but I don't often see that range of predictions. For example, I think TLJ U/O AOU WW would be very interesting. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Worldwide is also interesting, I frequently see people throwing around 1.75 to 1.8B WW numbers. TLJ could get there, if it has a typical drop domestically and no drop overseas, which is simply impossible. 1.35-1.4 B WW seems much more plausible to me, but I don't often see that range of predictions. For example, I think TLJ U/O AOU WW would be very interesting.

Really?

I basically just see 1.4-1.5b predictions, somewhere in the 700m range for both domestic and worldwide. Apart from some people who had little idea of the box office I haven't really seen anyone suggesting that it would reach 1.8b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Seth Irskens said:

Is this source by any means true/reliable or just bogus/fake? 

 

 

They never got any worthy scoop to my knowledge. The new source that everyone is looking for scoops right now is NewsFromJakku (Instagram). They had some really good merchandize leaks that revealed a lot about the movie.

 

This seems to me like a speculation that Junk is trying to pass as a rumor. Rian Johnson has some engagement on Sep 11 and Hasbro Con is a day before so lots of merch-based spoilers will come out of it, so they picked that date cause it's also Monday Football (TFA trailer hit with Monday Football in October). It would be great if they were right against all odds but that's a low chance. 

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see TLJ's not scrapping the bottom of the barrel yet in terms of film wipes. What a shame (no).

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I see TLJ's not scrapping the bottom of the barrel yet in terms of film wipes. What a shame (no).

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Only 12 wipes? Movies doomed folks. 

 

Clearly if 55 wipes resulted in Episode 1, this will actually be the best one. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

 

Clearly if 55 wipes resulted in Episode 1, this will actually be the best one. 

If they only use three wipes, the film should be the greatest Star Wars movie possibly greatest film of all time, then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

 

Clearly if 55 wipes resulted in Episode 1, this will actually be the best one. 

 

JEpHDGQ.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2017 at 8:47 PM, Amadeus said:

When i go to sleep i listen to his videos about EU. I think hes trustworthy. 

 

This Thursday? Fuck no. They've never dropped a trailer alongside Force Friday. A better rumour is Sept 11, there's a special event happening then in Tokyo with RJ and others in attendance, and also it's the first MNF game of the season

http://starwars.disney.co.jp/movie/lastjedi/fanmeeting-cp.html 

 

 

However there is some trailer-related activity happening on Force Friday - Apple stores are holding cool workshops on how to make a SW trailer, complete with Rian Johnson intro & tips, official trailer score and maybe some new shots

https://www.apple.com/today/collection/star-wars/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, antovolk said:

 

This Thursday? Fuck no. They've never dropped a trailer alongside Force Friday. A better rumour is Sept 11, there's a special event happening then in Tokyo with RJ and others in attendance, and also it's the first MNF game of the season

http://starwars.disney.co.jp/movie/lastjedi/fanmeeting-cp.html 

 

 

However there is some trailer-related activity happening on Force Friday - Apple stores are holding cool workshops on how to make a SW trailer, complete with Rian Johnson intro & tips, official trailer score and maybe some new shots

https://www.apple.com/today/collection/star-wars/

Wow! That sounds amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.