CJohn

Star Wars Episode IX | December 20 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct

32 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Was failure a theme of IW or just the end result?

Yeah it only comes through after a 2nd watch.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah it only comes through after a 2nd watch.

Indeed.  I gave IW a 2nd watch a few weeks ago, a failure on my part.

• Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, PANDA said:

So granted, I probably love TLJ for doing all the things that the haters hate it for. 

Yay, you should - I don't know - found a club with Rian Johnson, the two of you, and play with SW merchandise*, or something.

* he's legally forbidden to touch anything else Star Wars for 50 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fffs, why does this thread keep turning into a "TLJ ruined my childhood" circlejerk. Honestly, you can go elsewhere and do that. Same shit happening on the Aquaman thread. That thread turns into a "Zack Snyder saved the DCEU" circlejerk or some dumb crap like that. Nothing actually related to the movie the thread is about.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Fffs, why does this thread keep turning into a "TLJ ruined my childhood" circlejerk. Honestly, you can go elsewhere and do that. Same shit happening on the Aquaman thread. That thread turns into a "Zack Snyder saved the DCEU" circlejerk or some dumb crap like that. Nothing actually related to the movie the thread is about.

I assume because there’s not a whole lot else to talk about right now.

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Yay, you should - I don't know - found a club with Rian Johnson, the two of you, and play with SW merchandise*, or something.

* he's legally forbidden to touch anything else Star Wars for 50 years

Or how about learn to realize other opinions exist besides yours?

If you see somebody post something good about something you don’t like, maybe instead of attacking and trashing them until they’re too exhausted from seeing it and leave the convo, just scroll past it?

People should be able to talk about something they like with other people who like it without having to constantly defend why liking the thing doesn’t mean they’re not “a true fan” or whatever other shit the TLJ trolls have been spewing for a year.

• Like 2

Shay's an obvious troll who the mod team has decided they like for some reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I get why TLJ is a point of convo in this thread because it’s events and circumstances effect this movie.

However, the “TLJ ruined my childhood” crowd haven’t had anything new to say since the movie came out.  It’s a shame because they end up giving no room for people who actually want to talk about what they liked about the movie and franchise.  Say one positive comment and all of the sudden there’s 2 pages (from about 2-3 posters) going in circles about why that positive thing isn’t true and how it’s the movie is literally Satan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PANDA said:

I get why TLJ is a point of convo in this thread because it’s events and circumstances effect this movie.

However, the “TLJ ruined my childhood” crowd haven’t had anything new to say since the movie came out.  It’s a shame because they end up giving no room for people who actually want to talk about what they liked about the movie and franchise.  Say one positive comment and all of the sudden there’s 2 pages (from about 2-3 posters) going in circles about why that positive thing isn’t true and how it’s the movie is literally Satan.

Maybe we should make a TLJ-appreciation thread? Only post in that thread if you liked TLJ. If not, dont bother and ignore that thread.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Snoke may comeback since they have boatloads of unsold merchandise

They had boatloads of unsold Finn merch from TFA, he came back and now they have boatloads of unsold TFA & TLJ Finn merch. Are you ready for boatloads of unsold TFA, TLJ & IX Finn merchandise? 

Yeah, return of peg warmers/dust collectors doesn't clean pegs but clogs them even more. 

Edited by Valonqar

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

TLJ is likely the most divisive major blockbuster of the decade and that wont change (well we have 2019 still).  Attributes that some people love about the film are seen as what makes the film so terrible in the eyes of some. 

I can't recall a film that is so beloved by critics and film buffs that got such a visceral reaction from parts of its fan base and a rather average reception from audiences as a whole.

Frankly, I think TLJ when it first came out got a pretty solid reception but in the era of social media and youtube has allowed people who are negative about the film spread their message and cloud the film with it.

Like whenever this film is talked about with my friends and family people bring up points like "Poe could have told her the plan!!'

and I think no way in hell do casual SW fans think about that without hearing about it from other SW fans or watching a youtube video.

Point being people could have watched the film and found it okay, decent, pretty good but hear all of these points and change their minds over time.

Also there is a bandwagon effect.

Edited by Lordmandeep

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

TLJ is likely the most divisive major blockbuster of the decade and that wont change. 

I can't recall a film that is so beloved by critics and film buffs that got such a visceral reaction from parts of its fan base and a rather average reception from audiences as a whole.

That happens all the time with smaller films, but this is probably the most notable example of it happening with a blockbuster.

In terms of divisive reaction as a whole, though, Man of Steel was the equal to TLJ, IMO.  Boy, those discussions got ugly, and they're still bleeding over into the DCEU discourse today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

That happens all the time with smaller films, but this is probably the most notable example of it happening with a blockbuster.

In terms of divisive reaction as a whole, though, Man of Steel was the equal to TLJ, IMO.  Boy, those discussions got ugly, and they're still bleeding over into the DCEU discourse today.

MOS got bad critical reviews though.

Locked until further notice

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Not Cool 2