CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

I loved this teaser.  It brings up many possibilities so my mind is busy thinking about it and I don’t think the title is bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

This....this is the best thing I've seen in a long time. THANK YOU!!!

Moderation:

Now that we have something to talk about with IX I'm going to really crack down on the divisive talk about TLJ. 

It's gotten old and it's been basically the same people that have done it over and over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

The trailer didn't do much for me.  Then again I wasn't really into the OT or Star Wars in general until TFA blew me away so I image a lot of it is just stuff that I can't fully appreciate.

Edited by IceFire9yt

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Looks like Palpatine is 100% confirmed to be back 

"didn't leak"

Oh, JJ, you sweet summer child.  So sheltered, so innocent. :)

(now whether the leaks were believed is another matter ;))

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

No way they would just let that be in the open so early. Who is this guy btw? 

If they were willing to have his laughter play in the teaser, that would suggest that they’re no longer trying to keep the fact that he’s in the film a secret. 

• Like 1

My thoughts.  Most of these I've always believed:

This was always going to be a 'happier' movie just like ROTJ was compared to ESB. Has nothing to do with TLJ only making 620 million

The 'Skywalker' is Ben.  

Rey and Ren will team up to default whatever evil exists ( maybe The Knights of Ren? )

I doubt anyone major dies... maybe Lando?

I doubt palpatine is alive... I wouldn't be surprised if Rey is related.  It would explain her power.

This will increase DOM from TLJ just like every other 3rd movie has.  No idea how it will do WW

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

"didn't leak"

Oh, JJ, you sweet summer child.  So sheltered, so innocent. :)

(now whether the leaks were believed is another matter ;))

/Syndrome voice

When everything leaks, no thing leaks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If they were willing to have his laughter play in the teaser, that would suggest that they’re no longer trying to keep the fact that he’s in the film a secret. 

You know there is a difference in featuring the laughter in the teaser trailer and making it official that he indeed is appearing this movie. In the first instance you can manipulate the audience or fans to think he is appearing or not, you have a choice to go either way. And I am only talking about physical appearance in the present or they could feature just his quotes or flashbacks. 

Or they could take the 2nd instance and have themself unnecessarily committed to one option. 

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

You know there is a difference in featuring the laughter in the teaser trailer and making it official that he indeed is appearing this movie. In the first instance you can manipulate the audience or fans to think he is appearing or not, you have a choice to go either way. And I am only talking about physical appearance in the present or they could feature just his quotes or flashbacks. 

Or they could take the 2nd instance and have themself unnecessarily committed to one option. 

All that’s been said is that Palpatine will be appearing in this movie. We just don’t know what his exact role is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

All that’s been said is that Palpatine will be appearing in this movie. We just don’t know what his exact role is.

Ooh, my mistake then, that's okay. 

After the Laugh, the Lights came on and Ian was standing there and said, "Roll it again" to a standing ovation.  The Emperor is back.  But I agree, nobody knows the extent of his role.  

Maybe I'm the only one has become less excited for the movie after the trailer (really excited for it coming off of TLJ). It just seems to be nostalgia and fanservice. All I can say is that I feel tired after watching that trailer. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

In the "Solo" Thread I asked JJ to bring back Lando.   This is the shot I was dreaming of:

[​IMG]

Related image

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

hqdefault.jpg

At last I have my revenge for being tagged in the Franchise Thread. :ph34r:

(I consider ourselves even now, Tele ;))

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I loved this teaser! I also admire J.J. bringing back Dan Mindel as cinematographer. This trailer was very beautiful to look at, and just has this epic feel to it. Even more than the TFA to me.

Palpatine’s laugh at the end gave me chills!

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

TLJ: Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

ROS: Here’s Palpatine!  

:hahaha::rofl:

Just 177k likes in 5 hours... the first trailer of the final chapter of the biggest (ex) and most frontloaded franchise... Terrible result. Won't be surprised if it really makes less than 1 bln WW.