CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Still waiting for where TROS came in with Fandango for those first 24 Hours. I keep seeing stuff like it's breaking presales records but which ones?

It's beaten all records the first few hours.

It is likely between TFA and TLJ in the first 24 hours.

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

This....

This worked way better than I expected it to

Cats over TROS WW

You heard me.

29 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It's beaten all records the first few hours.

It is likely between TFA and TLJ in the first 24 hours.

It beat AEG at Atom for the first hour

It beat all SW films for the first few hours at Fandango

Could as easily be below TLJ for the first 24 as above it.  If it beat TLJ there should have been "only second to TFA statements" b/c there would be absolutely no drawback to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

15% dislike ratio on the trailer hmmmm 

That's low compared to the amount of hate The Last Jedi got from audiences (the movie itself, not its trailers). Isn't that kind of positive? The marketing is winning audiences back.

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Could as easily be below TLJ for the first 24 as above it.  If it beat TLJ there should have been "only second to TFA statements" b/c there would be absolutely no drawback to that.

True that. TFA was crazytown. 

6 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

pretty meh youtube views

Really? I had no idea. 

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

ST feels disconnected from OT and PT despite the presence of OT characters and the saga was definitely NOT built to end with TROS. It ended with ROTJ

This is so untrue.  As someone we whose 2nd movie in theaters was ANH and is still a big SW fanboy I can tell you the new trilogy feels closer to the OT then the Pt did

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Not Cool 1

5 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Really? I had no idea. 

This is so untrue.  As someone we whose 2nd movie in theaters was ANH and is still a big SW fanboy I can tell you the new trilogy feels closer to the OT then the Pt did

Only because they recycle the look of OT. I appreciate PT much more for it didn't try to copy the look, characters and the universe. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Only because they recycle the look of OT. I appreciate PT much more for it didn't try to copy the look, characters and the universe. 

Hmmmm...  which was the 1st SW fil you saw in theaters? 

7 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Hmmmm...  which was the 1st SW fil you saw in theaters? 

TPM 3D.

12 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Really? I had no idea. 

This. 
Understatement of the century. The PT felt nothing like what I consider to be real Star Wars. The ST does in spades. 
I fully accept that the PT is real Star Wars to the generation that grew up with them though. Poor things. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I sense the loyal fanbase is on the hype train but more non hardcore fans or casual wont likely buy tickets till near release.

That could explain the lower numbers. 

Buzz for TROS is high but i dont sense it is very intense for a SW movie. 

51 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They might have wanted the higher than all other Star Wars headline which wouldn’t have been true for TFA but based on our numbers most think it did beat TLJ in presales in the first 24 hours although it may have been close either way.

28 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

The PT, OT, and ST all feel like Star Wars to me 😃

Yeah, they might all be Star Wars but all Star Wars movies are not created equal.

Nothing will convnice me that the first two Prequels were not generally crappy films. A few good things in TPM but over it was not a good movie. AOTC was just an out and out bad movie, period.

This is why I don't like to be called a"fan" of anything. If fan means I have to automatically praise everything in a franchise I want to avoid that title.

Edited by dudalb

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, they might all be Star Wars but all Star Wars movies are not created equal.

Nothing will convnice me that the first two Prequels were not generally crappy films. A few good things in TPM but over it was not a good movie. AOTC was just an out and out bad movie, period.

This is why I don't like to be called a"fan" of anything. If fan means I have to automatically praise everything in a franchise I want to avoid that title.

I consider myself a massive Star Wars fan, but I am not afraid to call out something of lesser quality if I see it that way.  I do not like Rogue One really at all, and there are chunks of TPM that I do not enjoy.  I think 8/10 though are great films (Including AOTC 😬) so I might be a little biased, but I am not some shill for Star Wars haha. 

To me, spin-offs are not SW. SW really doesn't feel like SW w/o the Force for its just another space opera then and not even as good as GOTG.

RO was horrible. Awful characters, bland, forgettable, actors not even trying for director took no interest. Just awful awful movie some neat SFX in the third act and Giacchino score aside. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Disbelief 3
  • Not Cool 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Why would visual continuity be a negative thing?

• Like 1

The generation that will grow up with the sequel trilogy will consider it Star Wars the same way as my generation that grew up with the prequels. 

Kinda odd how so many fans like to gatekeep what is and isn't Star Wars (this isn't about the quality of the films btw).

That type of mentality is what will keep the franchise from growing or evolving.

• Like 10

The sad thing is the the people that grew up with the PT that constantly had their trilogy crapped on by haters, is now the group that is most vocal about not liking the ST.  It's like they were mad about their trilogy getting disrespected, so now lets go crap on the other new one.

Notice:  This is coming from someone who grew up in the PT, and loves the ST.  Hell after TROS, the OT might be the trilogy I find least interesting.  Interesting =/= quality FWIW.