Jump to content
CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

To be fair... are these confirmed? Or still rumors?

Rumors but marketing material has been matching up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean if it doesn’t mean anything anymore why lets say Finn won't take Skywalker name too, or anybody else who wants for that matter, why not? At the end it's just a trophy name, or certainly it looks like it. 

Maybe Chewbacca, Chewbacca Skywalker, that sounds lit! 

And it somehow would be much more earned. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Reylo kiss is true then I’m betting it was a last minute reshoot to make the Tumblr crowd happy. The original leak was that Kylo gets  thrown into the pit and dies 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a nutshell, you have people who LOVE Star Wars and REALLY want new Star Wars movies but then complain that the new movies, no matter what they do, ruin the old movies so they want these new movies to fail so that they can restart it all again. Then, when they DO restart it all, the complain again about how the new restarted films ruined the old films, etc etc etc. Then they will get sad that nobody is making any new SW films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

can you check page again please? I am getting 404 hmm

Thanks! I corrected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Movie nerd said:

I'm sorry but for me there is no way or context when Rey taking Skywalker name at the end is not an utterly forced and unearned bullshit.

There is nothing in this trilogy which even remotely justify it. Rey knew Luke maybe for a week and they didn't have good reletionship. In the first two movies she had maybe a three scenes with Leia. No amount of force ghost pep talk will change it. 

If they wanted Rey to be a Skywalker they should have made her as one from the beginning. 

Now it looks like in the end from the perspective of a whole Saga Skywalkers in Skywalker family saga were only a prop for Rey. Rey Palpatine. 

They killed all Skywalkers and erased all their accomplishments from previous two trilogies so they could hand Rey literally everything, even a name. 

For me it's bullshit. 

Disney finally realized that they spent 600M and 4 years in 2 movies that doesn't make sense, only to give 100 gazillion answers and expositions in TROS for questions in TFA and TLJ that doesn't even have proper buildup.

 

This movie is basically damage control at it's finest, and stupid damage control TBH.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Rumors but marketing material has been matching up 

Wait what, why did the other user said @JamesCameronScholar has seen it????

Edited by YourCake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Marston said:

If the Reylo kiss is true then I’m betting it was a last minute reshoot to make the Tumblr crowd happy. The original leak was that Kylo gets  thrown into the pit and dies 

Not even they are happy cause they wanted Reylo wedding and babies and happily ever after. They can't get none of that since Kylo dies.

 

So this movie literally will please no one aside from people that hated Rose Tico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Not even they are happy cause they wanted Reylo wedding and babies and happily ever after. They can't get none of that since Kylo dies.

 

So this movie literally will please no one aside from people that hated Rose Tico.

I think those people are mainly Kylo fans, so their absolute priority above everything else was Kylo being alive at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

I think those people are mainly Kylo fans, so their absolute priority above everything else was Kylo being alive at the end. 

Oh I know they are, Rey is just their self insert. Kylo dying is going to make them furious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even those who claimed that they "loved " Rey and supported the theory of "Rey is Luke's biological daughter" have stopped "loving" Rey, lol. Rey really doesn't have a lot of loyal and passionate fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jedijake said:

In a nutshell, you have people who LOVE Star Wars and REALLY want new Star Wars movies but then complain that the new movies, no matter what they do, ruin the old movies so they want these new movies to fail so that they can restart it all again. Then, when they DO restart it all, the complain again about how the new restarted films ruined the old films, etc etc etc. Then they will get sad that nobody is making any new SW films.

Haters get way too much attention, they do not matter that much in the grand scheme. The general public's opinion is neither overwhelmingly positive nor negative for TLJ in my experience. This is anecdotal, but in my family and friends group TLJ wasn't well liked. From TFA - decent/good it went to meh/OK territory. I do not see how TRoS can bring back the momentum. Yes, it has the "final movie in a franchise" effect but increasing WW might be too much to ask.

1 hour ago, swsaga said:

 

Good to see a fellow Hungarian on the forums, I don't remember if I ever encountered one. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Movie nerd said:

I mean if it doesn’t mean anything anymore why lets say Finn won't take Skywalker name too, or anybody else who wants for that matter, why not? At the end it's just a trophy name, or certainly it looks like it. 

Maybe Chewbacca, Chewbacca Skywalker, that sounds lit! 

And it somehow would be much more earned. 😂

I'm not a fan of Rey taking Skywalker name but at least she knew Luke who doesn't even know who the fuck Finn, Poe, etc are for them to either earn to be present on Tatooine (I really hope new leak is true and it's only Rey with 2 droids and Luke and Leia FG) let alone take the Skywalker name. 

 

That said, I think that most "changes" in leaks have little to do with reshoots (which are mostly pick-ups anyway) but with info delay. Leaks don't happen the moment something is seen/heard. Time passes before a source feels safe to leak the info so when he/she drops the leak, something could have changed in the meantime without their knowing. For example, the Oracle leak was true but it's also true now that Oracle is not in the movie anymore.

 

As for why changes are made, what Internet thinks is irrelevant. They don't tailor/customize movies to please this or that fandom. What Disney does, and anyone working for them will tell you, is test their ideas, parts of movies, etc to some of their most trusted employees and value their feedback. For example, when they made Frozen, they showed parts of the movie to twin girls working for the company in order to determine whether they got sibling dynamic right. That doesn't mean that employees write movies for them, but how they react to what's shown is taken into consideration. So saying that this or that was last minute addition to please so and so fandom is BS. It's simply that leaks leg behind production so something that was correct weeks or months ago may not be weeks and months later. Especially in a production that shot several versions of some key scenes. 

Edited by Valonqar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TROS released 50 spots or something yet the one with real impact that got people hyped is the recent one that we put in tags. So I'd say to improve last days hype, give us more spots like that but cut Woo hoo/They Fly Now/BFF/Horses completely out from now on. Those are by far the worst parts of marketing that everyone makes fun of. In fact, Japan was really disappointed that 10 min of movie shown recently was extended They Fly Now/Woo Hoo crap (there were 2 other scenes but I won't spoil). I also expect that bloody They Woo Hoo Now is going to be Fortnite exclusive. So stop that shit and ramp up content like you-know-what clip/spot from 2 days ago.

 

Before you say, but but Woo is adventure, when that shit and that idiotic joke are forced down your throat in every fuckin spot it becomes couterproductive. People get annoyed and want to punch those fucks. same with those damn horses. stupid scene. when people leave the theater, they won't talk about that shit anyway. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

TROS released 50 spots or something yet the one with real impact that got people hyped is the recent one that we put in tags. So I'd say to improve last days hype, give us more spots like that but cut Woo hoo/They Fly Now/BFF/Horses completely out from now on. Those are by far the worst parts of marketing that everyone makes fun of. In fact, Japan was really disappointed that 10 min of movie shown recently was extended They Fly Now/Woo Hoo crap (there were 2 other scenes but I won't spoil). I also expect that bloody They Woo Hoo Now is going to be Fortnite exclusive. So stop that shit and ramp up content like you-know-what clip/spot from 2 days ago.

 

Before you say, but but Woo is adventure, when that shit and that idiotic joke are forced down your throat in every fuckin spot it becomes couterproductive. People get annoyed and want to punch those fucks. same with those damn horses. stupid scene. when people leave the theater, they won't talk about that shit anyway. 

Hahahahaha hahahaha @Valonqar is big mad this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

TROS released 50 spots or something yet the one with real impact that got people hyped is the recent one that we put in tags. So I'd say to improve last days hype, give us more spots like that but cut Woo hoo/They Fly Now/BFF/Horses completely out from now on. Those are by far the worst parts of marketing that everyone makes fun of. In fact, Japan was really disappointed that 10 min of movie shown recently was extended They Fly Now/Woo Hoo crap (there were 2 other scenes but I won't spoil). I also expect that bloody They Woo Hoo Now is going to be Fortnite exclusive. So stop that shit and ramp up content like you-know-what clip/spot from 2 days ago.

 

Before you say, but but Woo is adventure, when that shit and that idiotic joke are forced down your throat in every fuckin spot it becomes couterproductive. People get annoyed and want to punch those fucks. same with those damn horses. stupid scene. when people leave the theater, they won't talk about that shit anyway. 

Dang! Calm down it’s not that serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

same with those damn horses.

Whenever I see them riding those I have to think of a part from the Making of ROTS book. Lucas had asked the designers to develop horse-ish creatures to pull Padme's coffin. When they discussed the design, there was the following dialogue:

 

Church: (showing the design) "Horse things."

Lucas: "Too horsey."

Church: "Too horsey?"

Lucas: "A horse is a thing that pulls a wagon ... Sorry about that. I sent you in the wrong direction."

 

"Too horsey" very much fits the design from TROS, at least what we have seen from it so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.