CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 minute ago, Permanent Magnet said:

kid: mom i need titanic

mom: we have titanic at home......

$2.2 billion confirmed?

Confirmed leaks so far (we know they are real but now there are receipts):

Kylo dies? Yes

Bendemption? Yes

Reylo kiss? Yes

Trio? Marketing ploy mostly

Rey Palpatine? Literally his granddaughter

Rey, Rey Skywalker? Yep, takes the name in the end

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

The major issue with hiring Abrams to "course-correct" after TLJ is that it's a trilogy. The biggest problem was always going to be that if they were focused so intently on trying to course-correct from TLJ that they would end up making a film that is both structurally and emotionally unable to reach its potential. 

I'll bet that once reviews are out, the thing people are going to criticize the most about this film is that it tries to do too much in too little time. But maybe not. I'm seeing this in 34 hours.

• Like 1

It. Begins.

Lol I feel like these goofy weirdo "Reylo" people (check her Twitter header) are lost Twilight fans and we quickly need to find them a constant stream of sappy preteen romance fiction in order to keep them away from more mature properties.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

(xpost with the Tracking thread)

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-3 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

65.34%

SELLOUT NOTE:  If a showing only has wheelchair and/or wheelchair companion seats left, it is counted as a sellout

Total Showings Added Today

Total Seats Added Today

Total Seats Sold Today

T-3 Adjusted Comp #1 (VERY LOL FOR CM - DON'T USE THERE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold T-3

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

CM

1/155

10034/16149

37.87%

54.34m

EG

31/283

5903/26925

78.08%

45.82m

TROS (adj)

n/a

7/228

8400/24454

65.65%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Captain Marvel and Endgame

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Endgame had 24 days of pre-sales.

T-3 Adjusted Comp #2

%

Sold T-3

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

Solo

1/103

6745/11010

38.74%

46.29m

TROS (adj)

n/a

7/228

6307/20309

68.94%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Solo.

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Infinity War had 42 days of pre-sales and Solo 21 days of pre-sales.

---

Comps so far off of Final Totals (spoilered for space)

Spoiler

of:

%

Final Sold

TROS Sold

Comp

DP2

32.02m

Solo

34.10m

JW:FK

34.40m

AM&tW

34.97m

Venom

33.22m

CM

31.49m

EG

36.14m

TLK

33.64m

It 2

31.16m

AVG

33.46m

NOTE: FINAL SOLD is the amount of tickets sold at stop of tracking for the given movie and TROS SOLD is the amount of tickets sold so far at the same theaters I had tracking info for the movie in question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I'm going to guess somewhere in the 70s on RT for this, based on these early reactions.

I liked a lot of TLJ, but it didn't get me hyped for the next one, since Johnson really did kind of wrap up his character arcs and made a film that felt complete (which is kind of odd to do in the middle of a trilogy, but whatever).

I'm just hoping for something decent, but a lot of fun and, really importantly, immensely rewatchable because, you know, it's going to be in the SW rewatch mix regardless.

I think where JJ really excelled in TFA (besides casting and getting great performances out of his actors) was in some really superb action sequences (Finn-Poe escape, Rey-Finn Falcon chase on Jakku), so I'm hoping for a lot of those.

• Like 1

Holy shit this is Game of Thrones S8 all over again. I have never seen the first reactions be this bad/mixed. Like wow, and for Disney and Star Wars this is not a good look.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

Holy shit this is Game of Thrones S8 all over again

Not even remotely.

C'mon now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Majority of the tweets are very positive. Only a couple of mixed ones and one who was disappointed. 
  • Like 2

Jesus Scott, tell us how you really feel...

No, but seriously, is it just me or is that a really oddly candid slam for a red carpet first reaction?

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Any of the tweeters who liked TFA say how their opinion of this compares to that?

That's probably a lot more instructive than having them compare it to TLJ.

One thing no one is saying is, "Oh, this movie just rehashing all the beats from XYZ Star Wars movie," so Abrams clearly wanted to avoid that this time around.  (Whoops.  The tweet in the next post does just that!)

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not even remotely.

C'mon now.

It may not be GOTS8 but reactions are not  many would have expected. All depends on how GA likes it now.