CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Do you think Disney/LucAsfilm made the decisions they did for this to appease “neckbeards” and not because of TLj’s legs and lower than expected box office? 

Yeah it that was the cause they wouldn't be going forward with anything related to Captain Marvel then

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

Not really, it's just a word that gets used to explain Rey and Kylo's Force connection, which is the first one in "generations" according to Palpatine.

Ah, okay. The early leaks made it sound like it was some kind of MacGuffin. 

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Prediction: TLJ fanboys will become more annoying then TLJ haters over the next  week 

Are you saying you’ve finally put aside your TLJ grudge and have accepted its brilliance?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

@ViewerAnon I have a question and since it;s a biggie I'll out it in tags like you did even though we are in the spoiler thread:

Hide contents

so I hear from the same person that Leia becomes one with the Force at the same moment Ben does, that she dies midpoint in the movie but becomes one with the Force near the end, when Ben does too. Baically her body spend the rest of the movie under a cover and then she just poofs like him. However, she is later seen as a Force Ghost with Luke while Ben isn't. This is weird. Do you think there's some significance to that she became a FG and he didn't or it's just an omission? It's strange that, if they died at the same time, one becomes a ghost while the other doesn't prompting the question where he could be?

also, nobody is talking about what Rey does after Ben's death but before she goes to Tatooine or whether there's a stated reason why she goes there (except for saber funeral) and what's her plan - to stay, to just visit? And what characters do at the celebration after the war?

Spoilerfied:

Spoiler

That description is accurate. Leia is under the sheet until Ben dies. When he disappears, she does, too.

Ben should have been there at the end. It's awfully strange that he isn't.

Her plan isn't explained. She returns from Exegol after we see Cloud City/Endor/Jakku. She lands Luke's X-Wing, finds Poe and Finn, and they have a group hug. There's a wide shot of everyone celebrating, the film fades out, then it fades in again with Rey exiting a ship with BB-8 outside the Lars homestead.

During the celebration, we see basically all of the major survivors. That Admiral from TLJ, the one who announced Ackbar and company's death, kisses a woman at the celebration. So I'm sure some folks will be mad.

It seems to me they had some decent idea with the dyad but botched it later probably thinking it was too lore-heavy for basics. hence why a lot of stuff doesn't seem to make sense of feels awkward.

4 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Not really, it's just a word that gets used to explain Rey and Kylo's Force connection, which is the first one in "generations" according to Palpatine.

lol wut

What I want to know is where the hell this RPG character class Force healer comes from in the first place? Or is it because of their "connection" that they can pass their "life Force" through each others tongues?

• Haha 1

A lot of fans do not handle mixed reactions very well. They can actually grasp, though not like, negative reactions but mixed throw them for a loop. Too used to seeing everything in black or white terms.

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Are you saying you’ve finally put aside your TLJ grudge and have accepted its brilliance?

No I was hoping to put TLJ behind us and have a film the entire fanbase could largely enjoy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Thanks for proving what Lordmandeep said: In the next couple of weeks, the TLJ Fanboys will become unbearably arrogant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am here for the Martha moment of the Star Wars franchise.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Spoilerfied:

Hide contents

That description is accurate. Leia is under the sheet until Ben dies. When he disappears, she does, too.

Ben should have been there at the end. It's awfully strange that he isn't.

Her plan isn't explained. She returns from Exegol after we see Cloud City/Endor/Jakku. She lands Luke's X-Wing, finds Poe and Finn, and they have a group hug. There's a wide shot of everyone celebrating, the film fades out, then it fades in again with Rey exiting a ship with BB-8 outside the Lars homestead.

During the celebration, we see basically all of the major survivors. That Admiral from TLJ, the one who announced Ackbar and company's death, kisses a woman at the celebration. So I'm sure some folks will be mad.

Thank you. One,two more questions:

Is Lando's story about the lost daughter removed from the movie? I'm hearing that it is and that Jannah isn't his daughter anymore but just an ex storm trooper that teams up with Finn.

What's this talk that it's hinted that Finn is Force Sensitive but is never picked up later? Something about "seeing a Force message"?

what happens after Rey heals Kylo and before she flies away in his TIE? Is that when she tells Finn that no one knows her?

so what's Rose role and is Finn with her or Jannah? there seem to be conflicting reports.

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So under a billion back on the table? 

Never left the table. I’ll upgrade from something like .5% to maybe more like 4% (numbers rough, from gut, only intended as ballpark demonstrative).

It's not just them because Rey uses it on a sand snake thing.

The film shows Rey reading the books she took from Ahch-To in TLJ. Maybe she learned it from them?

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Thanks for proving what Lordmandeep said: In the next couple of weeks, the TLJ Fanboys will become unbearably arrogant.

After the shit show TLJ fans got for two years...they deserve to gloat and rub it in the anti-TLJ faces that what they wanted actually blew up in their faces. 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, this movie is certainly getting more mixed reactions than expected. Could enter rotten territory. What time is the review embargo btw?

in 9 hours I think.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am here for the Martha moment of the Star Wars franchise.

Chris Terrio. His power.

• Haha 2

just rewatched last jedi. seeing this tomorrow night. after viewing all of them again this is where my rank stands (warning it's awful)

1. star wars

2. revenge of the sith

3. return of the jedi

4. empire strikes back

5. solo

6. rogue one

7. last jedi

8. phantom menace

9. attack of the clones

10. force awakens

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The next week is going to be 

TLJ Haters: TLJ doomed this entire franchise and left nothing to look forward too! 

TLJ Fans: JJ caved to the alt right instead of fulfilling the brilliant vision of Rian Johnson our new Lord and Savior.

Shall be fun as i doubt either side is going to back down an inch. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Thank you. One,two more questions:

Hide contents

Is Lando's story about the lost daughter removed from the movie? I'm hearing that it is and that Jannah isn't his daughter anymore but just an ex storm trooper that teams up with Finn.

What's this talk that it's hinted that Finn is Force Sensitive but is never picked up later? Something about "seeing a Force message"?

what happens after Rey heals Kylo and before she flies away in his TIE? Is that when she tells Finn that no one knows her?

so what's Rose role and is Finn with her or Jannah? there seem to be conflicting reports.

Spoiler

Lando never mentions having a daughter. There's no explanation for why he's still on Pasaana, he just says he went there with Luke to find the wayfinder.

Finn gets a "feeling", but I don't think it's him being majorly Force sensitive. I think it's just going with the idea that everyone has some connection to the Force.

Rey tells Finn she's worried no one knows her on the Falcon after Kylo tells her (in the bay of his Star Destroyer) that she's Palpatine's granddaughter. After Rey heals Kylo on Endor, she flies away in his TIE. It cuts to other characters for a bit, then the next shot of Rey is her tossing logs onto the burning TIE on Ahch-To as porgs watch.

Rose has basically nothing to do in the movie. I don't know what her relationship with Finn is. He says it's her "last chance" to come with him, Rey, Poe, Threepio, and BB-8 to Pasaana, but she says Leia asked her to find some weakness in the First Order's Star Destroyers.

Edited by ViewerAnon