CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't think it's a stretch to say there has been more world building in 6 episodes of The Mandalorian than in either TFA or TLJ.   

It's crazy that Disney had the MCU going strong and saw how important a guy like Feige was for it's success and never bothered to map out where this was going...   the blueprint was an office down on the left. 

World building?  The Mando spends the first And third episode on the same one way street. And in episode 5 they are on Tatooine.  Let’s not act like the Mandalorian is doing world building now lmao!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

World building?  The Mando spends the first And third episode on the same one way street. And in episode 5 they are on Tatooine.  Let’s not act like the Mandalorian is doing world building now lmao!

Worldbuilding isn't just about going to a bunch of planets lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Royce said:

10 years from now ppl will remember Baby Yoda (quite fondly too) but not any of the new characters from the ST

I ain't mad though, just look at him! Awww

baby-yoda-memes.jpg

There were a ton of women and girls dressed as Rey today but okay dude

Star Wars rise of skywalker is the Joker of the SW universe. Loved by audiences , hated by triggered critics because JJ threw the critic beloved and audience scorned TLJ under the bus 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Yeah, the insistence by Disney to refer to this film as “the end of the Skywalker Saga” always seemed hollow to me, because the story already had a proper finale back in 1983. I’m not saying that you can’t tell stories that take place after RotJ, but  retroactively treating the OT like it was merely the second act of a story just seems really forced. 

Yeah I agree, and I felt this way for awhile now. "All the Star Wars movies have led to this!" or "It's the Epic Finale of the Skywalker Saga!"

I get they're trying to market and sell this movie, but it's kinda gross. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Snark88 said:

Yeah I mean if you think about it, what did the ST do to expand the scope of the Star Wars setting? The Prequels, for all it's faults, at least took the setting of Star Wars, and blew it wide open. We got so many new locations, races, cultures, civilizations, politics, concepts, and lore added to Star Wars. It felt like a lived in Galaxy.

The ST just feels so empty, and because it tries so much to be like the OT, it also feels like it lacks it's own voice. By the end of it all, what did the ST add to the Saga, and what was it all for? 

...George?

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

Star Wars rise of skywalker is the Joker of the SW universe. Loved by audiences , hated by triggered critics because JJ threw the critic beloved and audience scorned TLJ under the bus 

Way too early to make claims like that IMO, how much of the audience have even seen it yet . I think we will need some time for the dust to settle

6 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

more like :Venom:

• Astonished 1

38 minutes ago, Snark88 said:

If anything, I pray we one day get a behind the scenes documentary on the troubled development of this trilogy. Not sure if that'll ever happen under the tight grip of Disney.

The movies are not interesting enough to justify that kind of project. 

41 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There is definitely a big difference between 2 and 3 years for filmmaking, but had Disney actually bothered to map out the trilogy like MCU, then 2 years wouldn’t be any problem to make each film. 

Who the hell thought it was a good idea not to map out the revival of one of the most beloved franchises of all time. Like the amount of stupidity is limitless.

• Like 3

I would absolutely love if this thing gets like a 50/90 split on RT.  Unfortunately that seems impossible to achieve with the current landscape of SW fans.  

Just now, Knights of Ren said:

I would absolutely love if this thing gets like a 50/90 split on RT.  Unfortunately that seems impossible to achieve with the current landscape of SW fans.  

I expect an audience score ridiculously low.

Ok now it looks bad, depressing.

I’m expecting a rotten, hard to see anything different after so many critics trash it on tt.

Honestly i’m just sad, this new trilogy was the first i was able to follow properly, it started so well and now it’s gonna end surrounded by hate, disappointments and fights. 

I do hope audiences enjoy, still believe is a satisfying movie and i hope to like, but sadly it seems i’m going to deal with a blood bath. 

TROS is not the Joker of SW films unless it’s also good enough to garner to same rewards reception Joker has. Critics decided that they wanted Joker to have the wrong politics and were even hoping a shooting would happen at a Joker screening. TROS won’t go through that and wont have the same rewards performance Joker is having. 

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

Seems to be really polarizing critics. Hopefully I land on the positive end.

• Like 1

Cue a lot of people being positively surprised when it ends up at like 68% tomorrow. 

• Haha 1