CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Cue a lot of people being positively surprised when it ends up at like 68% tomorrow. 

I would be disappointed. If it was one percentage higher, it would have been nice. :( 

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ok now it looks bad, depressing.

I’m expecting a rotten, hard to see anything different after so many critics trash it on tt.

Honestly i’m just sad, this new trilogy was the first i was able to follow properly, it started so well and now it’s gonna end surrounded by hate, disappointments and fights. 

I do hope audiences enjoy, still believe is a satisfying movie and i hope to like, but sadly it seems i’m going to deal with a blood bath. 

This is gonna be like the prequels and ROTJ. Hated by the fanbase until something else comes along to direct the fandom's hate towards.

Hated ROTJ and the Ewoks until 1999-2005

Hated Prequels and Hayden Christensen 2005-2015(2017?) but ROTJ is ok now

Hated the Sequels and Rian Johnson 2017-???, the Prequels are ok now

1-2 decades from now --> something else comes along, all of the sudden the sequels are ok

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

They seemed to be in a hurry to start pumping out Star Wars films as soon as they brought the property from Lucas. 

Money talks louder than anyone or anything. 

1 hour ago, Menor said:

TROS is currently at 80/100 on Critics Choice. For comparison Solo has 77/100, Rogue One 86/100, TLJ 90/100, TFA 91/100. 

That is not good , man. It looks like the shitstorm is inevitable. :gold:

Dude, I just want this thread to have civil discussion without anyone trying to rip others apart. Is that too much to ask...???:whosad:

4 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

This reaction is music to my ears. Definitely not a fan of Bob Chipman but I like how he's emphasizing not to get caught up in the alarmism. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

enough with these critics, i want to see it now, the next two days are gonna move really slow

Agree.  I'm only posting them for future reference. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Menor said:

Cue a lot of people being positively surprised when it ends up at like 68% tomorrow. 

Cmon man. You were so close. Would the extra 1% really have killed you?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

This is gonna be like the prequels and ROTJ. Hated by the fanbase until something else comes along to direct the fandom's hate towards.

Hated ROTJ and the Ewoks until 1999-2005

Hated Prequels and Hayden Christensen 2005-2015(2017?) but ROTJ is ok now

Hated the Sequels and Rian Johnson 2017-???, the Prequels are ok now

1-2 decades from now --> something else comes along, all of the sudden the sequels are ok

1 hour ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Bob Chipman with some actual wisdom here. He's hitting the nail on the head, in my mind? What say you @Porthos @Knights of Ren?