CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

9 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

Just like the Legacy of the PT was one man having to much power and no constraint, the ST legacy will be the the conflict of two different visions from two different directors that did not mesh well.

I also expect ST to have a dedicated fanbase but not in the same way as the PT and the OT, there will be a fanbase for each movie and the consensus will be good standalone movies bad trilogy.

well....I know many years have passed, but anybody that honestly believes that ROTJ is of the same vision as ESB - I just don’t know what to say. 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

@Force Ghost Cap

You approve?

Just add in Brie Larson and that sounds like the Best Star Wars Movie Ever. 😘

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Yeah, but, again...that leaves us with Solo. Probably with even less box office potential, due to the brand not being attractive in Asia and Latin America and a lack of familiarity everywhere else. I definitely see the appeal of starting fresh, but I'm just trying to look at it from the box office perspective and... yeah, it's not going to be easy, and it might require them burning some money to build goodwill and hope for a Batman Begins - TDK situation.

It doesn't though.  Solo was directly connected to a character in the OT and a character no one wanted to see played by another actor.  I thought it was a fun movie but there was no imagination there and it wasn't a new idea bringing us new characters we hadn't seen before within the Star Wars universe.

20 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Need some help shouldering that victim complex, champ?

I do I do - hold me :( 

I'm a believer in karma in some form, but it would be rather funny - more than funny -  if Joker ends up grossing more overall ~ I doubt it'll surpass its international box office gross, for example ~

Edited by Bart Allen

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Palpatine: I am all the Sith!

Rey: And I...am all the Jedi!

Me: Are you serious? You guys seriously copied the exchange from Avengers: Endgame?

It just doesn't work, not earned, lazy and stupid

Also saw Rey`s parents leaked clip and have a question

Does Ray have the same haircut and clothes for 20 years :hahaha:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Palpatine: I am all the Sith!

Rey: And I...am all the Jedi!

Me: Are you serious? You guys seriously copied the exchange from Avengers: Endgame?

That moment is such a lame attempt at Endgame and it falls so incredibly flat.

Another moment is all the other ships joining the final battle, which should've been like the Avengers coming back in Endgame or that moment in Return of the King... but instead it also falls horrifically flat.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So what was Palpatine's plan?

Plan A - get his granddaughter to kill him to prove herself a worthy heiress to the Sith throne and a worthy Empress Palaptine. Apaprently killing your master is expected and desired step in Sith coming of age. 

Plan B - so she's unworthy. Luckily, she and her boyfriend are something called dyad (2 Force users that are stronger together than idnividually due to force connection). So how about I siphon the dyad powah from them and become young and pretty? OK, the latter didn't work but at least now I have my sight back and can fire lightings onto rebel feleet while missing all FO fleet mignled with rebels. Awesome. Maybe I should remain the Emperor cause nobody's worthier? 

4 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

I do I do - hold me :( 

I'm a believer in karma in some form, but it would be rather funny - more than funny -  if Joker ends up grossing more overall ~ I doubt it'll surpass its international box office gross, for example ~

Please find me a single quote of anybody at Lucasfilm insulting fans simply for not liking THE FORCE AWAKENS or THE LAST JEDI.

6 minutes ago, Force Ghost Cap said:

Just add in Brie Larson and that sounds like the Best Star Wars Movie Ever. 😘

That's not how you spell Gal Gadot 😂

• Not Cool 1

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

well....I know many years have passed, but anybody that honestly believes that ROTJ is of the same vision as ESB - I just don’t know what to say. 

What? They differ in tone but the vision is absolutely the same. The themes that are set up in ESB are further explored in ROTJ.

16 minutes ago, REC said:

I've been saying it for a year at least.  TROS is gonna have numbers that look too much like JL.  We were all shocked then by the impossible BO results of JL... this is going to look similar.

OK then, give us some numbers. I have a hard time believing it opens below $170M. Would need to open around $125M to have a similar feeling to Justice League, which opened at 56.5% of Batman v. Superman's opening.

33 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

Yeah if you put contributions in quotation marks. Personally I don't think he added anything valuable to the universe.

When I say “contributions”, I refer to both any perceived positive and negative aspects of his film and how they affect 7 and 9.

What I mean to say is that Rian’s decisions had more of an impact on the trilogy as a whole than JJ’s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

It just doesn't work, not earned, lazy and stupid

Also saw Rey`s parents leaked clip and have a question

Does Ray have the same haircut and clothes for 20 years :hahaha:

you heartless fandom menacer! of course she does, so that her parents could recognize her. :lol:

No, that is the official explanation for TFA hair. TROS hair is to fit her more seemlessly into old TFA footage with Leia.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Plan A - get his granddaughter to kill him to prove herself a worthy heiress to the Sith throne and a worthy Empress Palaptine. Apaprently killing your master is expected and desired step in Sith coming of age. 

Plan B - so she's unworthy. Luckily, she and her boyfriend are something called dyad (2 Force users that are stronger together than idnividually due to force connection). So how about I siphon the dyad powah from them and become young and pretty? OK, the latter didn't work but at least now I have my sight back and can fire lightings onto rebel feleet while missing all FO fleet mignled with rebels. Awesome. Maybe I should remain the Emperor cause nobody's worthier? 

So for Plan A, where does Kylo fit into ANY of that? Why was Kylo involved with this at all?

10 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Yeah, but, again...that leaves us with Solo. Probably with even less box office potential, due to the brand not being attractive in Asia and Latin America and a lack of familiarity everywhere else. I definitely see the appeal of starting fresh, but I'm just trying to look at it from the box office perspective and... yeah, it's not going to be easy, and it might require them burning some money to build goodwill and hope for a Batman Begins - TDK situation.

But why are you bringing Solo...I'm talking about starting fresh, and then making an appealing movie bringing new fans.

Solo is a known character and played by another actor while being terribly directed and marketed, that's like the opposite of starting fresh and going all in.

From what I see people seem tired of Star Wars being too safe or Star Wars not giving the characters the treatment they expect.

Rebooting helped many series in different kinds of media (movies, TV shows, anime, gaming...) so just use these as an example of what to do and not do.

1 minute ago, Godzilla said:

I think a billion is in danger. 

we are not that lucky. Critics and rabid fans =/= GA

Found someone who liked both 7 AND 8 and still didn't like 9. Not a verified account though so I won't post. He is the cohost of the game of thrones podcast with Joanna Robinson that I mentioned a while back

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So for Plan A, where does Kylo fit into ANY of that? Why was Kylo involved with this at all?

cause of plan B. 

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

I find the 'catering to fans ruined TROS' narrative hilarious. None of us wanted Palpatine to inexplicably return without any explanation, none of us wanted Rey to become even more of a Mary Sue than she already was, none of us wanted a garbage plot.

They will do everything they can to avoid blaming the people who are actually at fault: Abrams, Johnson, Kennedy and Iger.

John marston for prisedent 2020 

Seriously, this is really laughable, Disney and the media will push the "fans are to blame" narrative from now on to defend their bad decisions.