CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Remember when Anakin was the chosen one ?

Those were the days ...

Cherish them forever.

• Like 2

At the risk of trying to actually escape the "fun" of the last 15 pages that I refuse to read on principle...

@Gamora  I noticed you've seen TROS from your comments in the TENET thread.  Any non-spoiler reactions?  Even basic surface level stuff?

Basically trying to move the conversation here, even though the attempt will surely be in vain.

(you might not see this post for a while, that's fine.  I don't plan on reading many of the posts here until/if you respond :))

• Like 1

The fact that self-proclaimed Biggest OT worshipper in Hollywood JJ destroyed the mythology of the OT is an outcome I haven't foreseen.

But then again, my midi-chloridian count is pretty low.

My dreams don't predict the future.

C'est la vie.

I honestly don't understand who approved this? like, how did it happen? palaptine is so awful in this, what character assassination. And did they really think Rey,Rey Skywalker will fly? But the worst of all, those garish Van helsing ghosts. I'm speechless. thank goodness they had enough sense to kind of leave the door ajar for Ben return not add him to Van Helsing trash. Poor Hamill and Fisher. 

29 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

I think a billion is in danger. 

Frozen II OS > TROS WW :ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3

So Baby Yoda has now the future of Star Wars on its shoulders ?

ouch !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

At this point, my club is more likely:  :sadno:

ah one of the brave souls who joined my club. they called us madmen....

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

Implying that said Karma will be towards your goodwill

Being indifferent is a more accurate description, more so from an individual who's paid money to see 2/3 of these films.

Just now, Noctis said:

I saw it...left the theater an hour ago.

did you make the :gold: face too?

25 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

In your first link, Rian Johnson says polarized discussions are good.

In your second link, the writer calls out fans who specifically have targeted the people who made TLJ with nasty attacks.

In your third link, Rian Johnson is clearly specifying that manbabies are the people who ran Kelly Marie Tran off social media.

In your fourth link, JJ Abrams is calling out people who are threatened by a female lead.

Was I not clear? I said quotes insulting fans simply for not liking TFA or TLJ. 

The 1st and 2nd link, as I stated are from Disney owned services, and I wasn't referring to Rian's quote in those links, more so ET's "Many have chalked up the polarizing response to internet trolls, particularly racism and sexism against a film that displays a wide range of female leadership and heroic actions from a diverse cast." Though they have defined polarised discussions as being racist and sexist, for example.

Third link is aimed at trolls or detractors, not those who ran Kelly off social media (to which The New York Times article where this story originated from never provided an actual quote from Tran to suggest it was the reason.

The fourth was titled "J.J. Abrams Calls Out Sexist ‘The Last Jedi’ Critics as Threatened by Female Leads" and Disney have final approval of an article, so by extension are those who dislike Rey's characterisation sexist?

You were perfectly clearly, but it seems that those articles may not have been for you ~

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I saw it...left the theater an hour ago.

You sound enthusiastic.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Force Ghost Cap said:

Oh, God. This is a good point.  Let's get Gal in there too.  Make Star Wars my unofficial Captain America and Wonder Woman (Featuring Captain Marvel) Team Up movie I deserve.

Maybe we'll just stick with Gal there and not segregationist Larson 😂

• Not Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

The 1st and 2nd link, as I stated are from Disney owned services, and I wasn't referring to Rian's quote in those links, more so ET's "Many have chalked up the polarizing response to internet trolls, particularly racism and sexism against a film that displays a wide range of female leadership and heroic actions from a diverse cast." Though they have defined polarised discussions as being racist and sexist, for example.

Third link is aimed at trolls or detractors, not those who ran Kelly off social media (to which The New York Times article where this story originated from never provided an actual quote from Tran to suggest it was the reason.

The fourth was titled "J.J. Abrams Calls Out Sexist ‘The Last Jedi’ Critics as Threatened by Female Leads" and Disney have final approval of an article, so by extension are those who dislike Rey's characterisation sexist?

You were perfectly clearly, but it seems that those articles may not have been for you ~

“The reach is strong with this one.”

• Like 2