CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 minute ago, Bart Allen said:

No, I provided quotes from Lucasfilm/Disney employees ~

So let me ask you this? Someone not liking the character or characterisation of Rey isn't a sexist?

Or do you want me to quote Lucasfilm's Story Group co-leader Pablo Hidalgo's comments?

screenshotted quotes taken out of context are fairly worthless.

(and yes I was a daily reader of Pablo HIdalgo before he finally got fed up with the nonsense and went private)

In fact he also went out of his was to separate trolls from those who those who strongly hated TLJ.

(NOTE TO ALL:  Replying not to change Bart Allen's mind but to provide context to everyone else reading here)

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

In my Star Wars marathon, completed The Force Awakens. Easily the best one in my marathon thus far. Visuals are great. Acting wise much better than both previous trilogies in which everyone was sleep walking.

Now on to my favourite film - The Last Jedi.

Also, noticed how JJ put title of two films in trilogy during Snoke first appearance in The Force Awakens. Liked that.

4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

BUT WHY did they not make Leia more impactful. Her death was glossed over terribly and she should have said more than Ben. I wanted something more urgent between her and her son ala TLJ.

You can't do a miracle with old footage that was deemed too bad to put in TFA to begin with. For leia to have an impact, they needed a recast (with or without CGI-ing the actress to look like Leia) and they didn't want that.  It's physically impossible to have an impact when working with limited footage. 

So TLJ went 220/620 (2.82 multi) in the domestic market. Curious to see how the new movie stacks up, both in terms of opening and legs. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Lol Brie Larson would be a benefit to Star Wars seein how popular Captain Marvel was OS especially in Asia

You mean how popular Infinity  Wars was especially in Asia

😶

• Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Lol Brie Larson would be a benefit to Star Wars seein how popular Captain Marvel was OS especially in Asia

Most MCU actors don't have much star power outside the MCU. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

did you make the :gold: face too?

What did you think of the film?

This movie should've opened with Leia's funeral. Almost like Citizen Kane, where that event sets off all the other key characters' arcs in the film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

make a crowd-pleaser that brings audiences back on board.

The Force Awakens and it's $936m domestic was crowd-pleasing.  One could make the argument that it was the MOST crowd-pleasing.  

Yet here we are.  

Driver and Ridley are unironically great in this despite the script doing them no favors. fingers crossed TROS doesn't hurt their careers. 

Just now, Valonqar said:

Driver and Ridley are unironically great in this despite the script doing them no favors. fingers crossed TROS doesn't hurt their careers. 

Come on now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

The script is falling apart in my head, does anything make any sense on even a fundamental level? What is the story actually trying to say?

It's happening to me right now.

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

The Force Awakens and it's $936m domestic was crowd-pleasing.  One could make the argument that it was the MOST crowd-pleasing.  

Yet here we are.  

I like the idea that Kevin Feige will save Star Wars. Like the low-budget look of the MCU works cause the MCU didn't have any films. But we've had Star Wars films. We know they look big, epic. They look like $200 million budget films. They aren't $125 million budget films that look like $50 million lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 3

28 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Rey's healing powers were something I could live with...but her being able to manipulate what people thought was WAY overboard. I mean, come the fuck on.

ef1.jpg

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yet here we are.  

Yeah, well, nostalgia at the expense of solid world-building did no favors to the sequel trilogy.  

Crowd-pleaser along with some competent world-building in whatever time or place they set new films would go a long way, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No one will be negatively affected by this other than Kathleen Kennedy and some people at Lucasfilm and that's only if the film underperforms at the box office