CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

This is actually my favourite of the sequels. Yes, its horrible, but its so bad its hilarious. All the time I was watching I was thinking how the internet must be losing its shit over it. That alone makes this more entertaining than the bland TFA or the nothingness of TLJ.

Im genuinely still in shock at how completely horribly they messed up.

• Haha 2

HAHAHAHAHAHA, who's laughing now, RJ b!tchiz??

JJ's gonna tear you a new one, just watch. :)

This will be a beloved SW movie. And lucrative.

35 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Whoever was in charge of the dialogue for Palpatine should never be allowed near another script.  Cringe af

He looked like a Power Rangers villain. I cringed hard 

I’m still in shock over how terrible this movie is, I was trying to convince myself to enjoy it the entire time and it just kept giving me reasons to not

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

12 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I’m still in shock over how terrible this movie is, I was trying to convince myself to enjoy it the entire time and it just kept giving me reasons to not

Really?? But you are an RJ cultist - you are beyond hopeless, shouldn't have even tried.

Go concern-troll somewhere else - while the real Star Wars movie makes money here (after taking a pi$$ on the grave of TLJ - also known as "the Episode that never was".)

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Somehow Abrams out prequels the prequels here.  The entire movie is just complete nonsense

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s also a bit ESB derivative. Not that I think that necessarily rules out the possibility of a good executions, sometimes parallelism can help rather than hinder.

Dang, and I thought JJ had an original idea. So close...

Edited by doublejack

26 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I didn’t really have an issue with the story but the choppy execution left me wondering why I should even care

1 minute ago, cory said:

I didn’t really have an issue with the story but the choppy execution left me wondering why I should even care

Without getting into spoilers, despite disliking the plot decisions they potentially could have been pulled off well if Abrams had picked a few of them and actually took time to develop the ideas.  The film was just a jumble of random nonsense being thrown at wall with Abrams hoping something stuck

• Like 1

As a big Star Wars fan, I would like to unsee and erase this movie (the whole trilogy actually) from my memory ...the disrespect to the Skywalker family ...I'm disgusted 🤢 Also Adam Driver deserved better than this crap.

• Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, pepper83 said:

...the disrespect to the Skywalker family ...I'm disgusted 

:rofl:

Gotta say, pleased that Deadline number was overinflated. I still think this can hit 200M OW cause GA is apparently lapping it up and Reylos* are buying stacks of tickets but any number below TLJ** anywhere in the world is a small victory. The movie is a turd of epic proportions so don't give Disney ideas to continue in this manner.

* don't want anyone to think I dislike this fandom. My young sisters are part of it so nothing but love for the fans. However, the movie is BS. if you want rto see the kiss ove rnad over, just watch leaked vids and wait for good copy from screeners. 

** not because I'm a fan but because finale is supposed to jump over the middle movie.

Edited by Valonqar

I really wanted to like this movie, but some story decisions and some major execution issues brought it down for me.

Easily one of the worst star wars movie.

P.S. Is it too early to ask for the Treverrow Cut ?

Edited by BlitheringEdiot
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

Oh, wow. I am kind of glad I got this information. Thank you. On the other hand, now I want to drop a moon on JJ even more. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

they filmed parts where it's revealed that Lando had a daughter who was stolen by FO. That daughter was Jannah. That part is removed from the final cut.

Oh. No. That was 100% obvious that she was his daughter in that scene, even with the plot cut. Which like, omg the Finn Disrespect. You are going to give Lando some random kid that got kidnapped and it wasn’t going to be Finn?

Why are you introducing a new character in the last like hour of your trilogy. We have no time to know or like her. I spent the ENTIRE MOVIE going “why the fuck isn’t that Rose or Connix”?

The Rose and Connix disrespect was so glaring. Why did the Dude from Lost who LEGIT LOOKED AND FELT LIKE HE WANDERED IN FROM THE WRONG SOUNDSTAGE have more lines that those two characters?!  

We went on a HUGE journey with Rose in TLJ. I was INVESTED In her. It would’ve made SUCH a difference if she and Finn were the only ones left to make the “Sacrifice play” on that Starship. 

And Connix is BILLIE.  Whyyyyyyy did you not increase her role?!   

One version, that was originally leaked, had Rey join Finn, Poe, Jannah, Chewie, 3PO, R2, BB8 and D0 to watch the binary sunset.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!? WHY were we denied this JJ!!!! The entire POINT of Rey’s arc is that she is no longer alone. So the last shot is her alone in the desert so you can have a parallel shot to ANH. Omg JJ. Do you understand story AT ALL. 

Finn and Rose were a couple (including Rose's jealousy of Jannah) but that was removed.

Omg. Omg. So instead Of writing her a role they just made her a glorified extra? 🔪🔪🔪

They wanted to have a running gag of Finn trying to tell Rey something but getting consistently interrupted.

Whyyy was this a running gag and not a plot point. You kept hinting that Finn had a FEELING. In Star Wars people don’t have A FEELING — they have the FORCE. 

Argh. JJ. AAAARGH

angry hades GIF

• Like 4

I do have to say that @Cappoedameron is a true clown.  They were posting basically spoilers the past month in the other thread about how a “group” was going to be upset that there result wouldn’t happen in the film.  Then teased about a pit.  First this was very disrespecting to people trying to stay spoiler free, as you read leaks and where pretty much saying Reylo wasn’t happening.  Now that Reylo is canon you can take your bitter self somewhere else.  Clown 

Ik that itll seem hypocritical cuz I already talked about its quality, but can can we discuss TRoS's box office prospects rather than review it in this thread, please?

10 hours ago, justvision said:

RJ tried to do both both ep8 and ep9 in one subverting movie which is divisive and leaving little hook or attachment (except Reylo for those who care) for next movie, and JJ tried to do both ep8 and ep9 in one re-normalising movie (picking from ep7 while ignoring though not negating TLJ)

The perfect analysis!

RJ - the murderer of Star Wars, may he soon be forgotten (not forgiven).

JJ did all that he could.